Just buried another kitty.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I don't know what's going on. I just buried Violet a few minutes ago. He was fine at bedtime last night. He didn't come for breakfast with Tumble and I called and looked for him. I went out again a few minutes ago and found him dead near the dining room side of the house. I'm beginning to think something not so nice is going on, since I buried Thelma last Sunday morning.

Porch settin' is going to be bleak without Violet. He was a violet-gray kitty with the most beautiful topaz-colored eyes and he was a mama's boy. I'm in the pits right now.

I just called my vet and I'm taking Tumble in to be neutered on Monday, then he's staying inside. I would be heartbroken if something happened to him.

Katie oh no! I can't believe this! Something very not nice. I just don't know what to say. I'm sorry.

Very sorry to hear that. As an animal lover, I know how hard it is to part with a beloved pet. However, this is just too coincidental for comfort.

I suggest you check with any neighbors who have outdoor cats to see if they have had any problems. The deaths could be due to a virus, or perhaps the cats ate something that's poisonous (some seasonal berry or mushroom, or maybe a bird that ate something poisonous), or or it could be the work of some nut-job who hates cats. You would need a necropsy (autopsy) by a qualified vet to make that determination. If it is deliberate poisoning of the animals, you need to report it to the authorities.

Oh Katie,
this is just so hurtful..I'm so sorry..I wish I could do something, anything to make this better..Know you are in my thoughts.
cj

Prayers for you & your violet!
maybe it's feline leukemia, katie.
i don't know, though..... mine got thin & weak before they passed away.

oh kate, how very sad, sad and strange. did violet have all his shots. could be leukemia it usually not quite that fast but you never know. that is i have an indoor cat............that and fleas.

Oh dearest Katie. There are just no words to let you know how sorry I am that you have to go through this. Your sweet kitties! I know how much they mean to you. I am so sorry, amiga.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I sure hope it's not a person doing something horrible, and I hope get to the bottom of it. Poor Violet:( and you, too.

Thanks everyone. I've checked with other neighbors nearby and they've lost some of their furbabies unexpectedly the last couple of weeks, too.

None of my babies were frail/weak/sick, so their deaths are suspect.

As I said, Tumble is going to the vet on Monday to be neutered and will become an inside kitty after that.

All I hope is that I can keep him safe until we go to the vet on Monday morning. I really have no control about his behavior until then. I have my fingers and toes crossed for that.

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitties Katie. Someone needs to find out what is going on. Prayers for Tumble to stay safe until it is time to see the vet. You should probably have him checked for feline leukemia while he is there. It isn't very expensive.

:(Barbara

maybe keep your furbaby beside you till tuesday.
my heart breaks for you!

Thanks everyone. I've checked with other neighbors nearby and they've lost some of their furbabies unexpectedly the last couple of weeks, too.

None of my babies were frail/weak/sick, so their deaths are suspect.

As I said, Tumble is going to the vet on Monday to be neutered and will become an inside kitty after that.

All I hope is that I can keep him safe until we go to the vet on Monday morning. I really have no control about his behavior until then. I have my fingers and toes crossed for that.
Call the cops! Call Animal Regulation and the ASCPA, too. It sounds as if a series of crimes have been committed, and if that's the case, there's no reason to think the cat killer will stop voluntarily.

Katie - do you think the vet needs to take a look at one of your kitties that you have buried already? This certainly doesn't sound good. I'm so sorry!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom