Tiramisu Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
THIS is the cake my red head Daughter Sara Beth baked for her Mother's Birthday/Mother's Day....It was delicious!!!!:chef: Substitute a French Vanilla Cake Mix for the White Cake

Yeow--that does look good! I love those little pirouette wafers, and what a clever way to tie it all together. Sara Beth did good :).

Your little red head is a jewel:) That cake is beautiful.
kades

You're Welcome....Hope you enjoy it!!! DD said each time the recipe called for coffee flavored liqueur (Kahlua) she doubled the amount given. Also, the cake can be made in advance and refrigerated, but I recommend putting the pirouette cookies on as close to service time as possible....The moisture from the icing, and refrigeration will cause them to soften somewhat losing their crunch...Even so, they are still delicious!!

Enjoy!

Authentic Tiramisu

The recipe looks very nice. About the use of kailua liquor i think that it has been something that has been pushed for the interest of the liquor producer.
The original recipe is with coffee and rum. In any case using kailua is not bad.
It is funny as in Italy tiramisu appeared all of sudden during the late seventies. You can search earlier Italian cookbooks and they don't mention it.

Ciao Tommaso

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom