What's your favorite cured meat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
Sorry i havent been on the forum for some time , for all those that remember me or helped me , plz reply .

Equally what is everyones favourite cured meat ?

Hi nick! It has been a long time. The first thing I thought of was Jamon ham. This stuff is amazing!!!!

Of course, bacon came in nearly tied - applewood or Hickory smoked bacon...thick slices. I even like to sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on them when I fry them. :pig:

We never met, but Welcome Home! It's a toss up but smoked ham hocks win by a nose. with bacon 0.002 behind.

Last edited:
yeah i love cured meats in general , my favourite at mo is serrano ham , but i hear cured meats are bad for you , please tell me they arent

yeah i love cured meats in general , my favourite at mo is serrano ham , but i hear cured meats are bad for you , please tell me they arent

Cured meat per se is not bad. It becomes a problem when people eat bacon for breakfast, hot dogs for lunch and sausage for dinner. It is this eating habit that causes blocked arteries according to our heart doctor. We have as sausage sandwich for breakfast a couple times a month but the days of pigging out on animal fat all day are gone.

impossible to choose with so many fine hams, bacons, sausages, salumis etc.
Hot fennel sausage, spec, Smithfield, chorizo, kielbasa, etc. not to mention the real mortadella of Bologna! And our local: Scrapple!

Back
Top Bottom