Paula may be going too far with this one!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
she deep-fries bacon! ithink it's a legit recipe!:ohmy:

Yep, it's legit alright.

You know, I can see this recipe with maybe some chopped pickled jalapeno peppers in it, or something in there...just can't figure out what. Nothing too overwhelming. Even goat cheese instead of the cream cheese and use them in a salad...heck, you could even do without the butter too.

Have any of you read the user comments? They are even more hilarious than the recipe!

And hey, with the fast food industry and people deep frying everything from mars bars to ice cream, is this any different?

At school we made a potato dish where the potato slices were blanched in heavy cream and layered with garlic (mega), butter slices and gruyere cheese, then topped with the cream then baked. This is a classic French dish.

While deep fried butter balls aren't classic or gourmet, are they any different really? Not that I will try it any time soon LOL!

Yep, it's legit alright.

You know, I can see this recipe with maybe some chopped pickled jalapeno peppers in it, or something in there...just can't figure out what. Nothing too overwhelming. Even goat cheese instead of the cream cheese and use them in a salad...heck, you could even do without the butter too.

Ah, how about blue cheese, butter and garlic and serve them with a nice juicy grilled steak!

Over the top??? Maybe.

Recipes that are over the top are really fun to try. I love to take extreme dishes to potlucks because people will try anything at a potluck. It is amazing what you can get people to eat at a potluck.

I may give it a try in a week or two. There is a potluck that I am actually taking a fryer to. Sounds like the perfect time to give it a shot.

You know, there's actually a great idea or three in here. Like add chives and garlic powder and serve in a baked potato. And I like the idea of switching to blue cheese to serve on a steak. Maybe add lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne to serve on blackened fish. Use ground nuts instead of breadcrumbs ... etc.

I don't use any of Paula's recipes except a barbecue sauce someone from here sent me. I think she has given Southern cooking a bad name. I don't know anyone from the South who cooks like she does = or talks like she does.But, I've stopped watching Food Network.

Actually it IS a legit recipe, but it's not Paula's. Constance and I saw the program this weekend where these were "created." They came from a viewer and she and Paula made them together on the show. Kinda weird.

licia said:
I think she has given Southern cooking a bad name. I don't know anyone from the South who cooks like she does = or talks like she does. But, I've stopped watching Food Network.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Miss Licia}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom