Penzoil, Calorie Count

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Though I agree that Penzoil brand oil products are not for human consumption, and are indeed poisonous and carcinogenic, they do contain a large number of calories.

First, what is a calorie? This is the scientific definition - A calorie (cal) is defined as the amount of heat needed to raise one gram of water 1 degree C

If using the scientific definition, the way to find out the number of calories in a substance is to burn a measured amount of that substance in a pure oxygen environment where the heat is trapped and used to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water. The difference between the starting temperature of the water, and the final temperature of the water is the number of calories in the substance.

By this method, most any material, including most metals and liquids, contain caloric content. however, motor oil is made up of a series of hydrocarbons that can not be metabolized by the body, and so can not release their caloric energy to the body for use and maintenance.

So the statement "Motor Oil has no calories is in fact both correct and incorrect, depending on the factors against which the said caloric content is evaluated.

From a scientific standpoint, vegetable and motor oil have nearly equal caloric content. They raise the temperature of water the same amount when the same amount is burned in controlled conditions. From a nutritional standpoint, motor oil has no calories as like with water, the potential energy can not be metabolised by the body.

And yes, water has an extremely high caloric content under the proper conditions.

Ok. So that's about got it out of me. I'm done. I'm going to go to bed now, where I belong.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

But you'd never digest it before dying, nor could you, so as a practical matter Pennzoil (or Quaker State or a good lubricant like Mobil 1) has no calories for the human body. It's the difference between energy and potential energy, but in this case there ain't no potential!

But you'd never digest it before dying, nor could you, so as a practical matter Pennzoil (or Quaker State or a good lubricant like Mobil 1) has no calories for the human body. It's the difference between energy and potential energy, but in this case there ain't no potential!

Yup. Ain't no potential at all.:LOL:

seeeeeya; Goodweed of the north

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom