ISO Ranch Dressing Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoorCooker

Assistant Cook
Does anyone have a good regular fat ranch dressing recipe? I want a recipe that isn't so thick like in the bottles you buy at the store. Not the packet mix, all fresh ingredients please! Thanks a bunch!

Every once in a while I make this dressing. I like it because I can adjust it to my liking. Maybe this will entice you.

1 C. Mayonnaise
1/2 C. Sour cream
1 t. Garlic powder
1 t. Dill weed
1/4 C. Milk
1 T. Dried parsley
1 t. Onion powder

Combine all ingredients together, blending well.

I use a recipe similar to this one. I see that your has no salt, is this really no salt or just to taste? I use this at Christmas and dbl or triple the recipe and put it into pretty jars to give to friends, family, the postman, etc. We love it and you can make it as fatfree or fatfull as you want. This one is great.

I use a recipe similar to this one. I see that your has no salt, is this really no salt or just to taste? I use this at Christmas and dbl or triple the recipe and put it into pretty jars to give to friends, family, the postman, etc. We love it and you can make it as fatfree or fatfull as you want. This one is great.

I never have put salt in this recipe. I do the same thing now, using low fat mayo and fat free sour cream.

Ranch Dressing
I am under pretty good advisement that this recipe is from the Hidden Valley Guest Ranch in Santa Barbbara, CA. Even if it is not it is a really good recipe. I make it with a half cup 50/50 sour cream and mayo but is excellent full force Mayo.

1/2 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
1 clove garlic, peeled
2-3 pinches kosher salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon cilantro or parsley, minced
1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
kosher salt, black pepper to taste

Mash together the garlic cloves and salt until a paste is formed.
Remove to a small bowl or a jar with a tight fitting lid.
Add and whisk together buttermilk, lime juice, cilantro or parsley and chives until well blended.
Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.

Enjoy,
Bryan

Thick & Creamy Ranch Dressing:

1/2 cup soy milk
1/3 cup Vegenaise
1/3 cup vegan sour cream
1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
1 tsp dried herb (dill, basil, parsley, etc)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper

This is non-dairy, but you could just as easily use the dairy equivalents. It's good and only 5g fat per serving. I make a couple bottles a week for my family.

Back
Top Bottom