What are you snacking on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katybar22

Senior Cook
OK everybody, tell the truth ;)

What are you snacking on right now?

I jut had a piece of cake and now I'm drinking a cup of coffee!!

What about you?

we had an early dinner (it was my lunch). i just had some chicken broth with a teaspoon of pastina and a handful of bok choy cooked in it and some solid white tuna with lemon juice on it. it is basically my dinner as i missed lunch. does it count?

Left-over biscuit from breakfast. Every biscuit seems poignant now, because I'm into the last jar of blackberry jam my MIL made before she passed away 2 years ago. Sounds silly, I know, but I'm such a softy.

Jabbur's Cracker Jack's.TCM..(Turner Classic Movies).I'm set for the night. :)

Here's the recipe my family uses for crackerjack (that's what we call it).

2 sticks butter or margarine
2 cups brown sugar packed (I use half light half dark)
1/2 cup corn syrup

melt butter in sauce pan, add sugar and syrup, bring to boil and boil for 5 mins

Add 1/2 tsp baking soda,1 tsp vanilla. and stir.

Pour over 2 gallons of popped corn in an oven safe container and stir to coat
Bake at 250 deg. for one hour stirring every 15 mins.

We usually don't put the nuts in because they tend to settle at the bottom and don't really stick to the popcorn. I make at least a double batch every Christmas.

Munky.

I love the idea of mixing cream cheese and marshmallow...I've never heard of that. Oh, and this time of year, when you open a bag of chicharrones, you just have to eat the WHOLE bag because it is so humid, they won't keep. Oh well......

I love the idea of mixing cream cheese and marshmallow...I've never heard of that. Oh, and this time of year, when you open a bag of chicharrones, you just have to eat the WHOLE bag because it is so humid, they won't keep. Oh well......

it is a dirty job karen but someone has to do it. lol usually i serve the cream cheese and marshmallow with sliced fruit. fruit is dipped in it then eaten. just thought i would try it. next time, i might just go ahead and frost the whole pan-full. then have to keep in fridge. but that is ok.

I'm only owning up to snacking as I just finished an 8oz yogurt with strawberries at 150 cal. :) Had two ham sandwiches on 100% whole wheat with a slice of 2% sharp cheddar, and part of a sliced tomato with mayo for dinner about 1.5 hours ago.

Otherwise I would have posted nothing as I prefer to be honest, and not embarrassed.

Bob

Homemade Butter Pecan Ice Cream that I made last night

img_823804_0_1b061ad7d3a955b30697aa41c999e105.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom