Newbie here, have a question about indoor grills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay16

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I am looking into buying an indoor grill and I wanted to see if anyone out there had some usefull info on my current leader.

it's the
s.gif
ltCurve.gif

DELONGHI BG35 Indoor Grill

The review (the only one I could find) had it rated very high. As well as placing second in a list of top ten indoor grills.

If anyone out there can throw me a bone (see what I did there, cooking forum, joke about bone) I would really appreciate it. I just found this site and thought it what better place to pose the question.

Thanks,
Jay

Yeah thanks, this site is great. Accidently came across it looking for a forum for my baseball team. What luck.

Hello,

I am looking into buying an indoor grill and I wanted to see if anyone out there had some usefull info on my current leader.

it's the
s.gif
ltCurve.gif

DELONGHI BG35 Indoor Grill

The review (the only one I could find) had it rated very high. As well as placing second in a list of top ten indoor grills.

If anyone out there can throw me a bone (see what I did there, cooking forum, joke about bone) I would really appreciate it. I just found this site and thought it what better place to pose the question.

Thanks,
Jay

Jay - I had Delonghi as the second choice for purchase of an electric oil heater for my sunroom. They have a reputation for making generally good products.

In the case of an indoor grill, surprisingly I recommended the following as what I chose to buy that not only grills, but is a great Panini griller, a gridle, and a two sided grill which you can choose to open and have two single sided indoor grills. I've had mine for about three years, and the only complaint I would have is the non-stick surface could have been done in a higher quality manner. However, for an indoor grill with options, it has passed my pickiness test. Here's a link to what I purchased, and a ton of reviews. Amazon.com: Cuisinart GR-4 Griddler: Home & Garden

Good luck on your hunt.

Bob

Hey Bob,

First of all thanks for the response.
How is the taste for grilled items on that one and how easy is teh clean up.

Again thanks,

Hey Bob,

First of all thanks for the response.
How is the taste for grilled items on that one and how easy is teh clean up.

Again thanks,

Jay - The taste from the indoor grill is going to be pretty much the same except for the cook rub/maranade, etc. Some steam more then grill (GF type), some put on better grill marks (the one you where shopping for may make better grill makes then the one I recommended since the one I recommend does not have air vented grill surface. However, I am not disappointed in that since mine would certainly be easier to clean. Also, since it is a Panini grill in style, it is open all the aw around and does not "steam" like a GF type does. Also it is much more versatile. The cleaning on my indoor grill normally consists of placing a wet paper towel between the grill plates, then when I''m ready to wash, two minutes in the sink with the detachable plates is an easy clean up. Have to wash the small greese drain cup also, but it is just that, a small cup external to the grill. No issues there.

The only reason why I linked to a comercial site is that one, it is where I baught it from (not pumping the site) and had the best price, and it does have a large number of reviews for you to read.

As I said (and I am picky), I like it. I don't use it much this time of year, as I'd rather grill outside with a charcoal grill. Gas may be easier, but for real grilled flavor you need charcoal (and real hardwood charcoal is better then the compressed stuff).

Regards,

Bob

The DELONGHI BG35 Indoor is actually a pretty good indoor grill, the only drawback is that it is very hard to clean.

Back
Top Bottom