ISO Perch Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
Im making perch tonight, I have 3 fillets.

Small meal w/ some garlic roasted taters.

If anyone has any recipe/cooking tips on the perch, please do let me know!

Something I did with White perch (Crappie) once was to "sacrifice" on filet to make a faux crab meat by gently poaching in a little lemon/Old Bay seasoning water...cool and flake...Then I made a stuffing using onions, celery, bell pepper, green onion, and parsley sauteed in butter...added toasted bread crumbs made in the Cuisinart, added the flaked faux crab meat, a few diced shrimp..salt, pepper etc. I put the stuffing between two other filets, sandwich style, and baked in the oven until done....Kinda a "stuffed flounder" idea if you will....With a little lemon butter drizzled on it was very tasty....

Something I did with White perch (Crappie) once was to "sacrifice" on filet to make a faux crab meat by gently poaching in a little lemon/Old Bay seasoning water...cool and flake...Then I made a stuffing using onions, celery, bell pepper, green onion, and parsley sauteed in butter...added toasted bread crumbs made in the Cuisinart, added the flaked faux crab meat, a few diced shrimp..salt, pepper etc. I put the stuffing between two other filets, sandwich style, and baked in the oven until done....Kinda a "stuffed flounder" idea if you will....With a little lemon butter drizzled on it was very tasty....

That sounds really great.

Im doing a simple marinade with
Salt
Pepper
Dijon Mustard
Fresh squeezed orange juice
Dried Lemon and Orange peel
Olive Oil.

Plan on broiling them and basting with the marinade.

The faux crabmeat/perch dish sounds amazing though and I'll keep it around for next time.

Don't marinate them for more than 20-30 minutes at the very most. Any longer than that & the acid in the citrus juice will chemically "cook" the fish, & then when it's cooked over heat it will turn to mush.

I thought the same thing Breezy. The only perch I've had is Lake Erie. Had family that lived up on the lake and would fry it in a beer batter.

:shock:

Man that sounds good, got me droolin'. DW's cousin sends us a box of Omaha meats every year for Christmas, or at least the past 2-3 anyway. And they come with 2 stuffed soles similar to this, though not as extravagant, and it's good frozen! Let alone nice fresh stuff like that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom