Don't understand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nunu

Assistant Cook
So i am studying food etc, they want me to discuss commodities in a recipe, how do i start, coz i am seriously lost?:idea: some advice to get me going would be nice. and for those who like to bake, Jamie Olivers Victoria Songe is absolutely delectable! :chef:

Do you mean commodities as in commodities trading?

Have you tried Googling "food commodities"?

Dont understand

i have been instructed to choose three recipes, starter main and desert - which i have done. the question simply states to discuus the commodities in the each dish, i dont know if i must discuss nutritional value, source or just description of different aspects. i tried to google, didnt really help. i know a bit aobut pc's, and know you can find a forum on pretty much anything, so i though give it a shot. thnx:rolleyes:

I assume you mean ingredients when you say commodities. I would include all of what you listed in your discussion of each ingredient. The source of the ingredient, it's main and secondary flavors, primary usages and preferred methods of preparation.

Also include how the ingredients work together in the dishes you have chosen.

Technically, the ingredients might not all be "commodities."

A "commodity" is a thing that's the same no matter who makes it. Like salt or flour.

Back
Top Bottom