BBQ, Kabob or lamb Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I been eating and cooking lamb kabobs, shish kebab, all my life. I have never used it to make either chili or BBQ.

My BIL has attempted to BBQ a lamb hind quarter on several occasions...I've not been impressed. --- To be fair to the Lamb...He either under cooks or over cooks it, and is hard headed and want use a thermometer...:LOL:

All of the above. Kabobs are the best way to go if you're a novice at lamb. I served lamb kabobs to friends who had either never had the meat or swore they hated it, but loved it all. The thing (in my experience) is that so many grew up with very strong tasting lamb. Like venison, it is much milder now. Also, have you heard the phrase "mutton dressed as lamb"? For those who haven't, it refers to an adult human who does any extreme to think they're passing themselves off as 20+ years younger than they really are. Well, a lot of people ate "lamb" as children that was really mutton. I happen to like mutton OK (for you youngsters, mutton is older sheep) but it has a stronger flavor and more fat.

Lamb probably wouldn't be my first choice for chili, given extra I'd more likely curry it than chili it, but heaven knows I've made chili out of almost anything, so why not?

Back
Top Bottom