Leftover BBQ Country Spareribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to DC :)
You could cut it from the bone and make fried rice with it.
Add as many as you want to a pot of navy beans,let it cook off on it's own.

Munky.

Thank you for the idea. Do you mean to make like a baked bean dish with them? I have never made homemade baked beans. Or do you mean something more like a pork & bean?

Thank you for the idea. Do you mean to make like a baked bean dish with them? I have never made homemade baked beans. Or do you mean something more like a pork & bean?

Yep a baked bean dish..Pork and beans would work.Add some extra bbq sauce chopped green onions,mustard,pepper,a little bit of brown sugar.Toss it all into a crock pot let it cook on low all day.
Another brand you could try is the B&M brick oven baked beans.
Wish I had a from scratch bbq bean recipe,none of mine ever worked out.
If you ask for one I'm sure people here would help you out.That's just the way it is.

Munky.

Yep a baked bean dish..Pork and beans would work.Add some extra bbq sauce chopped green onions,mustard,pepper,a little bit of brown sugar.Toss it all into a crock pot let it cook on low all day.
Another brand you could try is the B&M brick oven baked beans.
Wish I had a from scratch bbq bean recipe,none of mine ever worked out.
If you ask for one I'm sure people here would help you out.That's just the way it is.

Munky.

Thanks Munky. This is what I did. Put a pound of dried baby Lima's, 5 cups of canned tomato, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 chopped onion, 1 tsp mustard powder, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper into crock-pot. I will cook on high for about 3 hours and turn to low until beans are done. I didn't presoak the beans. (I never do when I use the crock-pot and end up with good results)

After cooking on high I will taste the sauce and see if it might need something (like molasses, worcestershire, ginger,etc). Then I will throw in my leftover pork. Playing this on the cuff here, hope it turns out.

Edited to add: I'm using baby lima's since that was all I had on hand.

Back
Top Bottom