Grandson going to Afghanistan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I hugged my adopted (step) grandson good-bye tonight. After doing 2 tours of duty in Iraq, and then working for the government there, he's now headed for Afghanistan as a government contractor, teaching the soldiers how to use the newest modern weapons...for big bucks.

I just pray he comes home safe. He says Afghanistan is better than Iraq...but that doesn't mean it's that great.

As a kid, he got in trouble in high school, but everyone (including me) thought he was a good kid, so they sent him to the Army instead of prison. Evidently, it was just what he needed, as he has turned into a fine young man. We are so proud of him.

Please join me in praying for his safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Constance, my heart is with you. My nephew has done a tour at GTMO, two in Iraq, and is slated for Afghanistan. The one thing that is interesting, is after being in the military and being a military brat, is that my nephew can contact me via email, eventually, everywhere he's been, and he's been in the mess of it at times. Think of previous times when we couldn't contact our loved ones for months, even years, on end, certainly not real-time messaging, which I've done with said nephew in the wee hours when he was pulling the more boring duties that come with war assignments.

Connie,
I will pray each day that he stays safe and comes home unharmed.I know how proud you must be. I don't know what I'd do if I were to have to let one of mine go like this.I .Pray that the good LORD watches over him and helps you not to worry to much. May HE watch over your boy, til he is safe at home again.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom