Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What did you end up having for Dinner, Friday, June 5th? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-did-you-end-up-having-for-dinner-friday-june-5th-58114.html)

Vanilla Bean 06-06-2009 12:41 AM

What did you end up having for Dinner, Friday, June 5th?

I made beef patties/gravy with roasted baby carrots and seasoned/buttered (seasonings were garlic and italian seasoning) wheat egg noodles.

http://www.discusscooking.com/attach...70258c1a72.jpg

I know it's late to ask, but I'm curious. What did you have tonight or last night for dinner?

Katie H 06-06-2009 12:46 AM

You know, Vanilla, I just realized we didn't have a "dinner" thread today. Thanks for bringing it up.

As for me, it was kind of weird. I wasn't really hungry today and by the time dinnertime came 'round, I realized I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer so I improvised. Made kind of a mish-mosh.

Had a grilled cheese sandwich and a romaine salad with homemade buttermilk/blue cheese/chive dressing. Cheese-heavy meal, but it filled the hole. I had a couple of special dark Hershey's kisses for dessert.

msmofet 06-06-2009 12:50 AM

subgum chicken chow mein with rice on the side at popular request/demand. LOL

last night piccolini wagon wheel pasta with tomato sauce.

vb yours looks yummy! i think Salisbury steak with mashed taters, onion gravy and spinach is for tomorrow nights dinner!! LOL

msmofet 06-06-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie E (Post 826684)
You know, Vanilla, I just realized we didn't have a "dinner" thread today. Thanks for bringing it up.

As for me, it was kind of weird. I wasn't really hungry today and by the time dinnertime came 'round, I realized I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer so I improvised. Made kind of a mish-mosh.

Had a grilled cheese sandwich and a romaine salad with homemade buttermilk/blue cheese/chive dressing. Cheese-heavy meal, but it filled the hole. I had a couple of special dark Hershey's kisses for dessert.

that sounds good!! a small cup of tomato soup added and i would be a happy camper!

msmofet 06-06-2009 12:56 AM

dinner was my only meal today and i had a small helping.

i am so hungry but i have nothing to nosh/interests me and no car to go hunt up something. :sad:

Katie H 06-06-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmofet (Post 826688)
that sounds good!! a small cup of tomato soup added and i would be a happy camper!

Actually, I believe it's a federal law that one has to have tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches, but I was flying under the radar today.:rofl::rofl:

msmofet 06-06-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie E (Post 826690)
Actually, I believe it's a federal law that one has to have tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches, but I was flying under the radar today.:rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: i won't tell!! i am so hungry.

Vanilla Bean 06-06-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmofet (Post 826691)
:rofl::rofl: i won't tell!! i am so hungry.

Don't you have anything to snack on... popcorn or something?

msmofet 06-06-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean (Post 826693)
Don't you have anything to snack on... popcorn or something?

i am on antibiotics - popcorn = no no i don't need any fiber at the moment. nuff said LOL

no snacks and i am in pain so i don't want to stand up and cook. :sad:

Vanilla Bean 06-06-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie E (Post 826684)

I think a grilled cheese and a salad is a good combination, also. Tomato soup is always a favorite, but sometimes a salad is nice.

I could have had a grilled cheese, but all I had was American. My favorite is Havarti or sharp cheddar for a grilled cheese.