What are you drinking (again...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
I just had to restart this one. I got too many good ideas off of the last one, being the drinkaholic that I am.. (especially that vodka and peperocini juice one from BangBang...)

I've got a glass of Mezza Luna White from a homewade wine kit right now, and I'm eyeing that bottle of Gulden Drak that I got today...

John

On holidaze today, so tried a new one before dinner...

"Bacardi 'Ciclon'"...a gold rum, flavoured with Blue Agave Tequila and Lime flower extract...a very unique taste, for a rum...

Foolishly used a Diet Coke Decaff as a mixture...when I go back to do this again, I'll be thinking either straight, or some sort of orange/pineapple juice mix...

Unless you guys have already tried this and have recipe suggestions?

Lifter

middie said:
ice chips

Middie, I sure hope you feel better for the holidays. Nothing worse than being sick with all those social obligations.

I've been feeling horrible the last couple of days, and I'm hoping it will pass as my concussion clears up. So I can definitely feel for ya!

John

Lifter said:
On holidaze today, so tried a new one before dinner...

"Bacardi 'Ciclon'"...a gold rum, flavoured with Blue Agave Tequila and Lime flower extract...a very unique taste, for a rum...

Foolishly used a Diet Coke Decaff as a mixture...when I go back to do this again, I'll be thinking either straight, or some sort of orange/pineapple juice mix...

Unless you guys have already tried this and have recipe suggestions?

Lifter

Hmmm..

Rum and tequila seems a strange mix, but I'd recomend trying it in some orange juice, or even some sour mix.

Better yet, add some Grand Marnier or Triple Sec and mix with soda water.. (Margarita fizzies!)

John

vodka.

GET WELL SOON, MIDDIE! if it makes you feel any better, i've been sick for 2 months now.

luvs_food said:
vodka.

GET WELL SOON, MIDDIE! if it makes you feel any better, i've been sick for 2 months now.

Ronjohns cure for everything...

1 good sized shot glass...
1/2 glass 151 rum
1/2 glass 100 proof cinamon schnapps

If nothing else, you won't remember you're sick...

John

When I do drink this Christmas, can't stand alcohol with food makes it taste like crap, it will be a collection of vodka based drinks.

Moscow Mule
Put ice in a glass, add 30ml Vodka, 30ml lime juice and top with Ginger Beer.

Kamikaze
Ice in a cocktail shaker, add 30ml Vodka, 30ml Triple Sec (or white curacao or Cointreau) and 30ml lemon juice (some prefer lime). Strain into glass. Pretty much a Margarita, without the salt rim.

Salty Dog
Rim a old-fashioned glass/whiskey glass with salt, put ice into glass, add 30ml of vodka and top with grapefruit juice. Some people like a bit of salt with it to help temper the grapefruit juice, but not I.

Anybody have any other vodka based drink recipes not involving other alcohol apart from a)advocaat and b) creme de cacao?

Bloody Caesar, of course!

1.5 oz vodka, ice, a dash of tobasco, a dash of lemon, a dash of celery salt, add and mix 3.5 oz of Clamato Juice (or just use the preseasoned stuff!), rim the glass with celery salt, and serve with a stalk of celery...

Might be hard to get in the US of A, understand that Clamato Juice is only in Canada..."Pity!"

Lifter

Coffee. Lots and lots of Coffee.

Trying very hard to wake up and get motivated to get some things done - not happening.....

John

PA Baker said:
Eggnog Latte from Starbucks. They are good, Sierra!

When I went to Reno, NV the other day, I wanted to stop and get a gingerbread latte, but I was too busy. I went early to avoid the mad Christmas shoppers. :LOL: I was just doing my normal monthly grocery shopping.

eat.gif

Coffee. Staying warm here in the nearly deserted office. Snow is coming down at a pace of about an inch an hour. Had about 7 inches of snow when I left the house at 6AM. It's supposed to snow for another 3 hours or so... :shock:

Sure hope the snowblower starts....

John

Back
Top Bottom