Dinner Sunday, June 7th, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm undecided.

what's for dinner for you.....

Our picnic dinner will consist of: hamburgers/cheeseburgers, hot dogs, italian sausage (whatever they choose to have, all will be grilled up.) Cherry fluff, Pasta Salad, tomatoe/cuke/onion salad and whatever they're bringing for dessert. Oh and of course beer & wine coolers!!! I will let you know how they like or dislike the food.

We're having spanakopita and tossed salad.

Last winter, our little old Greek neighbors gave us some spanakopita as a thank you for digging out their cars from a snow storm. It was delicious.

I asked her for the recipe and have finally gotten around to making it. I whipped up the filling and SO does the part with the filo dough and butter. She's a lot more patient than I.

We're having spanakopita and tossed salad.

Last winter, our little old Greek neighbors gave us some spanakopita as a thank you for digging out their cars from a snow storm. It was delicious.

I asked her for the recipe and have finally gotten around to making it. I whipped up the filling and SO does the part with the filo dough and butter. She's a lot more patient than I.
Mmm. Spanakopita is a big favorite of mine :)
It is really easy to make it just can be a pain sometimes if you try to rush the dough part :glare:

Mmm. Spanakopita is a big favorite of mine :)
It is really easy to make it just can be a pain sometimes if you try to rush the dough part :glare:

I agree. The filo can be tempermental and requires some patience in handling and a good touch with the pastry brush to apply the butter.

We had Greek neighbors when we lived in town. They were the nicest people and had our children calling them nana and papou. Her dh made the best chicken on the grill and would sometimes tell me to cook the veggies and they would bring the chicken. They moved back to New Hampshire just before we moved to the country. What I wouldn't give sometimes for some of her specialties. I wish now I had paid more attention to how she did things.

I made a Cuban styled pork roast in the crock, complete with Cuban black beans and rice - very nice.

2 grilled beer butt chickens,roasted mushrooms,red peppers,yukons,baby ones, asparagus,carrots, whole shallots,zucchini, eggplant, Italian bread and butter, watermelon, cantaloupe,strawberries, blueberries, raspberries chocolate and vanilla ice cream for dessert.
kades..

2 grilled beer butt chickens,roasted mushrooms,red peppers,yukons,baby ones, asparagus,carrots, whole shallots,zucchini, eggplant, Italian bread and butter, watermelon, cantaloupe,strawberries, blueberries, raspberries chocolate and vanilla ice cream for dessert.
kades..

Should have gone to Cali today:winkiss:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur
We're having burgers chips and beer.
me too but made it a cheeseburger with provolone cheese.dessert will be ice cream strawberry shortcake frozen bar. :chef:

I'm having a bacon cheeseburger with the works and chips. If I'm not too full, I'm going to have butter-pecan icecream for dessert. I'm also having a drink :wacko:.

I made Mark a big garden salad with ranch dressing.

Here was my dinner. I didn't end up having ice cream.

img_827114_0_08b96ac344d38af7d8c5f10650ae3b97.jpg

Back
Top Bottom