Easiest simplest Rice Crispies recipe, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chueh

Senior Cook
My husband asked me to make rice crispy and add his potein power in it. I found the basic recipe for it and added the potein power.

Well, I did not really follow the recipe exactly, for I cut back the butter part. Then, I found it almost burned, so I added water. OK... It does not taste bad at all, but it is just a little too gummy and sticky without crispiness. My husband refused to eat it. Geese!!!

Ok, this time I will follow a recipe through. However, the marshmallow makes the rice crispy so sticky. Am I right? or because I added water to it. Anyway, does anyone have a very simple and easy rice crispy with marshmallow as the ingredient (my husband likes the taste of marshmallow, so I need to use it, or he would not eat it) and yield rice crispy that is not sticky, just like the one we buy at a store?

Thanks

The butter is what makes it "not sticky".

Also, a lesson learned the hard way...

If you use stale marshmallows, it takes them longer to melt and that means they go to a higher temp and the nature of the sugar changes (think hard candy).

I see. so...basically I just need the recipe I used and follow it exactly. Thanks

perhaps your husband might like this no-cook rice crispie recipe. i "discovered" it when i was about 7 or so. i think protein powder would go in quite easily.

mix rice crispies with peanut butter. sprinkle with sugar. eat with spoon!

first thing i ever "cooked". made especially for my parents. i'm pretty sure they loved it. ;)

this brings me back to my childhood and school fetes, where inevitably there'd be someone selling rice crispie cakes. I seem to remember the melted marshmallows was the best way to go about it, although it might be a bit sweet for me now!

Back
Top Bottom