Dinner Thursday June 11, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Whats for dinner?

I haven't decided yet. It will either be salisbury steak, spinach, mashed taters and onion gravy. or buttermilk corn and bacon waffles.

We're running again tonight so it will be something carb loaded and fast. I'm thinking tortellini. I will likely just do the tortellini and make a bearnaise to go with (kids love that) or I'll open a jar of sauce. *gasp* I know...bad momma! But hey, time crunch means you gotta do what you gotta do.

roasted pastured chicken over baby spuds and carrots ... white wine and thyme baste

caesar salad

Chied Fricken....from Kroger
Fresh Yellow Squash... from the Garden
Fresh Tomatoes....from the Garden
Pink-eye Purple Hull peas....from the freezer
Boiled Oakree... from the freezer
Cornbread....from a cast iron skillet
Cold slices of Vidalia onions...from Kroger
Chocolate Ice Cream....

Chied Fricken....from Kroger
Fresh Yellow Squash... from the Garden
Fresh Tomatoes....from the Garden
Pink-eye Purple Hull peas....from the freezer
Boiled Oakree... from the freezer
Cornbread....from a cast iron skillet
Cold slices of Vidalia onions...from Kroger
Chocolate Ice Cream....

...but where did the chocolate ice cream come from???

New York Strip Steaks, marinated in something (any suggestions?)
Bok choy & mushroom wild rice
ItalCukeaMaterian salad.

New York Strip Steaks, marinated in something (any suggestions?)
Bok choy & mushroom wild rice
ItalCukeaMaterian salad.
hmmmmmmmmm i love NY strip steak and never marinate them. but to go along with your asian rice theme how about olive oil, fresh garlic, a splash of soy sauce or maggi seasoning, ground black pepper and fresh ginger marinade, for about an hour.

Have a lot of plain rice left from last night and some chicken chunks already skillet grilled. I'm thinking a nice fried rice stir fry.

i'm cooking jake either the steak dinner i ddn't cook yesterday or cheddar brats with corn on the cob, & tator tots.

i'm cooking jake either the steak dinner i ddn't cook yesterday or cheddar brats with corn on the cob, & tator tots.

oops!, & a turkey burger sans the bread with plenty of worcestershire & topped with a grilled portabllo for me!!!!! maybe barley with beef stock if i buy a box. & a salad! for color.....

lemon & garlic roasted chicken, roasted veggies, potato, red/yellow peppers,sweet potato, mushrooms, swede, a right old mixture! but tasty..:LOL:

img_828216_0_9169870dc1c6d9acd95822e472e48a7a.gif
i think buttermilk pancakes have won.

We had fried chicken (ours didn't come from Kroger, UB, we don't have a Kroger) I had to make it myself. With that we had corn on the cob (from a farm stand) asparagus, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers (also from a farm stand). For dessert we will have fresh fruit - from the farm stand and also Publix. We are even having Iced tea with no sugar (unheard of in the south).

We had fried chicken (ours didn't come from Kroger, UB, we don't have a Kroger) I had to make it myself. With that we had corn on the cob (from a farm stand) asparagus, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers (also from a farm stand). For dessert we will have fresh fruit - from the farm stand and also Publix. We are even having Iced tea with no sugar (unheard of in the south).

You made a chicken?? ----- I'm Joking!!! :LOL:

I had to fry mine up too in a shiny cast iron skillet! ... The wing was especially delicious!!;)

Yesterday's shopping marathon is still taking its toll so I'm having leftover ground beef stroganoff over noodles from earlier in the week. I've been craving wilted cucumbers and I have a bowl of that in the fridge chilling nicely. I think I'll have a fresh peach for dessert.

hmmm, no idea yet. We just got in from camping 4 days in the rain. Have plenty of leftovers, salads, brats, etc...

We did lunch at our fave blue plate cafe today...I had a big piece of delicious meatloaf, mashed potatoes with white gravy, green beans, pickled beets and a homemade roll.

I also brought home a piece of sugar-free million dollar pie for tonight. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom