Baked Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wyogal

Head Chef
Here's a couple of pics of beans I made yesterday in my new DO. I used canned beans, but added some spices, bacon, onion, peppers, molasses...

Attachments

• IMG_7407.jpg
    IMG_7407.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_7411.jpg
    IMG_7411.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_7415.jpg
    IMG_7415.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_7431.jpg
    IMG_7431.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 309
Here's a couple of pics of beans I made yesterday in my new DO. I used canned beans, but added some spices, bacon, onion, peppers, molasses...

Looks mmmmm! pretty good Wyogal, but I tell you something mate, get rid of those cans and make it yourself from scratch and they will be just soooooo! much better.

Hit up the guys here and you will get some killer recipes, then you can invite us for dinner - [you pay the fares ofcourse]

PS :- "charred dogs" - that banger looked totally destroyed to me

I usually make beans from scratch, but didn't feel like doing that out at the lake. Yep, love my dogs charred!!!

The spices were paprika, cloves, and a bit of a special blend of chili powder that I made in cooking school last winter... some folks like their beans more on the chili side, I prefer a molasses, sweeter bean. Just experiment with the spice/flavoring ratios until you get something YOU like. I used lots of bacon!!

The spices were paprika, cloves, and a bit of a special blend of chili powder that I made in cooking school last winter... some folks like their beans more on the chili side, I prefer a molasses, sweeter bean. Just experiment with the spice/flavoring ratios until you get something YOU like. I used lots of bacon!!

You win me

Thanks for sharing (always nice to have pics along with the recipe!)

That looks like a great pot for beans... cast iron I'm assuming?

I made some Hawaiian Baked Beans recently, they turned out delicious!
p6093116.jpg

Yep, a new CI DO, Lodge, 8 inch. Perfect for beans. So, I assume you put pineapple in Hawaiin BB? What else?

Back
Top Bottom