U.S.A. Flag Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
My family has always been extremely patriotic. I've worn a flag pin on my lapel/clothes since before Dessert Storm. I come from a very military family and have sons who have served our country, too.

At any rate, tomorrow is our country's "Flag Day." To that end, I have red-white-blue bunting on each side of the entry way of the front porch and "Old Glory" flying off one of the corners of the porch. Red, white and blue silk flowers are enveloping the mailbox at the sidewalk.

For those of you who choose to celebrate/honor. "Happy Flag Day - June 14, 2009 - USA"

I'm happy to live in a country that allows us to speak our minds without challenge.

For those who may have issue with my comments, please forgive me. I'm not criticizing your homeland. Everyone is open to their views. I'm just sooooo happy to live in America.

flag day (tomorrow) will be my 27th wedding anniversary.

You're a Grand Old Flag
by George M. Cohan

You're a grand old flag,

grandoldflag1lc6.jpg

You're a high flying flag

grandoldflag2ko9.jpg

And forever in peace may you wave.

grandoldflag3qj4.jpg

You're the emblem of
The land I love.

grandoldflag4nb9.gif

The home of the free and the brave.

grandoldflag5qh3.jpg

Ev'ry heart beats true
'neath the Red, White and Blue,

grandoldflag6bq0.jpg

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

grandoldflag7zx9.jpg

Keep your eye on the grand old flag.

grandoldflag8gp6.jpg

Happy Flag Day USA!!

My son just came back from a 7 1/2 month deployment, with F18's on USS Theodore Roosevelt. This was his second deployment, not counting the 2 years in Japan with the Navy's only forward deployed helicopters. He came back to the States in April, was married in May.
God Bless America!

My son just came back from a 7 1/2 month deployment, with F18's on USS Theodore Roosevelt. This was his second deployment, not counting the 2 years in Japan with the Navy's only forward deployed helicopters. He came back to the States in April, was married in May.
God Bless America!

........and your son!!!!

Husband is retired Army, Daddy retired Air Force, and 2 BILs and I are vets, and my nephew is a veteran of one assignment at GTMO and two in Iraq, and is getting ready to go to Afghanistan ... so, yes, we're a little patriotic. We celebrated Flag Day at a neighbor's block party for the purpose. Another neighbor's birthday is Flag Day, and let's not forget that Flag Day is also the Army's birthday! We're all flag wavers here!

Back
Top Bottom