Tagliatelle with Eggplant & Bell Pepper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tasty-italian-cook

Assistant Cook
So last night I threw together a kind of summer-veggie sauce for dinner and it turned out pretty good! Here is the basic recipe: (serves about 4)

2 medium sized eggplants, washed and diced
1 small white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 green bell pepper, washed and diced
half dozen whole peeled Roma tomatoes (the ones I used had been frozen from last summer's garden, but I would imagine canned would work just as well here)
about 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
5-6 leaves fresh parsley, chopped (this was also frozen from last summer, this year's garden's not quite ready yet!)
tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Cooked pasta of your choice (We happened to have half a bag of tagliatelle left over from a relative's recent trip to Italy, unfortunatley I haven't been able to find it in any of my local grocery stores here... it's Barilla so...I'm not sure why but maybe they just don't carry it in the US.)

Basically this recipe is pretty easy to do, just throw all your veggies in the pan with oil, add your seasonings and cover, mixing around occasionally. Let the steam do the cooking! Your tomatoes should break up nicely and give you kind of a sauce-like finish to your veggie mixture. When the pasta is done, add a little extra olive oil to it and serve with the sauce on top. Add some grated pecorino romano and you're done. It was really tasty!;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom