Fathers Day Fish Fry It's that time again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dumpandstir

Senior Cook
This year I am going to try to journal the events leading up to my Fathers Day Fish fry.

I believe that I have caught enough catfish for this years fish fry. We plan to have about 15 adults and 15 kids. Here is our menu plans right now.

• Breaded Catfish
  • French fries
  • Sweet Potato french fries
  • Onion Rings
  • Clam Chowder
  • Cole Slaw (or whatever salad my father in-law wants to make)
  • Tartar sauce Dill and sweet
  • Scones
  • Various pies
I will start the cooking on Friday (mainly mixing sauces and breading).

Let me know if anyone has any other ideas for menu items.

I have a large 2 burner deep fryer that uses 3 gallons of oil.

OH, and wish me luck!!!!

Oh, if only it wasn't Father's Day and I lived next door!! I'm a great dishwasher and I'm used to picking up after others (2 kids). It sounds so great and I hope you and your family have a fabulous time!!! I can't think of anything you've missed, sounds like a "fry-delite"!!

That is some serious good eats!!!:chef: --- If I had time, I would crash that party!!! Have you thought about Hush puppies??? They are a very popular item to serve with fried fish in my area!! --- Just for fun... and maybe as an appetizer...Have you ever heard of fried dill pickles??? Since you are doing onion rings...just take slices of dill pickle...dip in your onion ring batter and fry!!! Sprinkle with Cayenne Pepper the minute you take them out!! They are excellent by themselves or dipped in a little Ranch dressing.

Have Fun & Best of Luck!!

Yes Uncle Bob I have served Hush Puppies at the Fathers Day Fish Fry (FDFF from now on) before. They were very popular. I may make them again this year.

Yes anyone is invited. I generally have an open invitation to anyone that wants to show up. Its a BYOC (bring your own chair) event.

I end up stressing about this thing. My Wife says I act like I am putting on a wedding every year. :ROFLMAO: I want it to be great, so I am going to try to not be such a drama queen this year.

I am so excited to get out the big fryer.

Back
Top Bottom