Easy Coating for Fried Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
This is a question, or a request, maybe. Has anyone tried drying a savory sage-flavored cornbread or bread dressing, then throwing it itno a blender to turn it into seasoned breadcrumbs for use as a coating for fried chicken? I haven't, and won't be cooking chicken for a littel while as my wife seems to be tired of chicken lately (though we don't have it that often). Btu the idea intrigues me, and if it works, I would think would be very tasty indeed. If anyone is willing to try this coating (you might even throw some Stove Top in the blender:rolleyes:), let me know how it turns out. I mean, all the seasonings are already there.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

This is a question, or a request, maybe. Has anyone tried drying a savory sage-flavored cornbread or bread dressing, then throwing it itno a blender to turn it into seasoned breadcrumbs for use as a coating for fried chicken? I haven't, and won't be cooking chicken for a littel while as my wife seems to be tired of chicken lately (though we don't have it that often). Btu the idea intrigues me, and if it works, I would think would be very tasty indeed. If anyone is willing to try this coating (you might even throw some Stove Top in the blender:rolleyes:), let me know how it turns out. I mean, all the seasonings are already there.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
i course ground seasoned stuffing cubes to bread chicken cutlet one time. i went looking for me crumbs and GASP found i ran out of plain crumbs. not my usual italian flavor but it waz good. i served them with turkey gravy instead of tomato sauce. and changed my sides to mashed and corn. it was different.

hey did ya make the cream of shroom soup yesterday?

i course ground seasoned stuffing cubes to bread chicken cutlet one time. i went looking for me crumbs and GASP found i ran out of plain crumbs. not my usual italian flavor but it waz good. i served them with turkey gravy instead of tomato sauce. and changed my sides to mashed and corn. it was different.

hey did ya make the cream of shroom soup yesterday?

I did indeed make the soup. It was really good. I made enough for two good bowl-fulls. I tasted it just as you made it and was very satisfied with the texture and flavor. I cut my shrooms into chunks rather than slices.

Next, I added diced onion, that was sweated until sweet to the soup and tasted again. it didn't change the flavor a lot, but there was a subtle difference and it was good.

Next, I added the fruffle salt. That changed things significantly, added a much stronger mushroom flavor. It was very good.

And finally, I grilled the steaks over charcoal and reserved the juices from the platter. I added the juices to the 2nd bowl of soup (that I ate for lunch today) and it was as good as I thought it would be. It was like eating good steak with mushrooms, in a soup.

Thanks for posting your mushroom soup recipe. It's well worth making.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I did indeed make the soup. It was really good. I made enough for two good bowl-fulls. I tasted it just as you made it and was very satisfied with the texture and flavor. I cut my shrooms into chunks rather than slices.

Next, I added diced onion, that was sweated until sweet to the soup and tasted again. it didn't change the flavor a lot, but there was a subtle difference and it was good.

Next, I added the fruffle salt. That changed things significantly, added a much stronger mushroom flavor. It was very good.

And finally, I grilled the steaks over charcoal and reserved the juices from the platter. I added the juices to the 2nd bowl of soup (that I ate for lunch today) and it was as good as I thought it would be. It was like eating good steak with mushrooms, in a soup.

Thanks for posting your mushroom soup recipe. It's well worth making.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
WOW!! steak juices sounds good. i have never tried anything truffle.

could you post your review in the cream of shroom thread so others can try your variations. thank you.

i am so glad you liked it!! i am so glad someone else has tried this soup. you're welcome and thank YOU!! it is nice to hear someone likes my recipe and makes me feel good.

btw i must have missed the lights in the sky!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom