Made tomato soup taste way better!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
Ok here's what I've done,

I took a can of tomato soup I've purchased from wally world, I've added a a 1/3 third cup of white onions finely chopped, I've added 2 pinches of Kosher salt, I've added 2 pinches of freshly grounded black pepper, I've added 1 pinch of smoked paprika, and I've added a teaspoon of lemon juice.

This combo gave the tomato soup a different taste "for the better" and I would suggest anyone who loves tomato soup like I do to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This does sound good! Another thing I have tried is to use V-8 Spicy juice instead of water with the soup. Very yummy and perfect with grilled cheese!

That sounds good. I've used lime, thyme, grated Parmesan cheese, and drained diced tomatoes too. I LOVE smoked paprika...will have to give that a try.

That sounds good. I've used lime, thyme, grated Parmesan cheese, and drained diced tomatoes too. I LOVE smoked paprika...will have to give that a try.
Hi Kitchenelf, I don't use Parmesan any more, I've found a much better tasting cheese that has the same consistencey as Parmesan and it's a better tasting cheese, I'm not sure how to pronounce it, but it's a mexican cheese and its $8.00 a pound!

Hi Kitchenelf, I don't use Parmesan any more, I've found a much better tasting cheese that has the same consistencey as Parmesan and it's a better tasting cheese, I'm not sure how to pronounce it, but it's a mexican cheese and its $8.00 a pound!

Fontinella cheese?

A little chopped fresh basil is always good, too!

Will try your cheese Chile Chef if you can verify what it is!

YES, chiffonade of basil is great in tomato soup! Forgot all about that one. You can use one part tomato sauce, one part combo heavy cream/half & half/milk (whatever you have on hand), and heat with thyme for about 20 minutes on low, remove, add basil chiffonade and heat for another 10 minutes. WONDERFUL soup.

I think I bought canned tomato soup only once. Though I am lazy and do not make it completely from scratch, I use tomato juice as a base, my recipe is very simple. Onion, carots, bell papper, garlic, rice, parsly, dill and seasoning of course. In all the truth none of canned soups taste good, but they are a good base, if you add stuff and re-season them.

I think I bought canned tomato soup only once. Though I am lazy and do not make it completely from scratch, I use tomato juice as a base, my recipe is very simple. Onion, carots, bell papper, garlic, rice, parsly, dill and seasoning of course. In all the truth none of canned soups taste good, but they are a good base, if you add stuff and re-season them.
Hi Charlie, There is a tomato soup recipe on the official magic bullet site that takes tomato paste and turn it into soup, but I don't like the fact it requires a beef bullion cube which would add 600 grams of sodium to the recipe though!

Back
Top Bottom