What can I make with hamburger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Luvs - Just wanted to point out that BG asked for recipes excluding noodles :)

And I know you were just being helpful :) A few postings did not observe that.

Bob

Shredded wheat?????
oh, shredded white cheddar!
haha
kind of like misreading that BLT Apples... appies

Bob

Yeah, mine was one of them. But I figured what the hey ... most people were posting fried burger and using the grease when the OP wanted healthy :) You could use my two recipes without the pasta, it would be fine without it I guess, maybe serve it over rice, brown rice at that to be healthier :)

Bob

tsk tsk LOL

oops is my motto!

hakuna matta

brown your burger & drain. add al-dente wide egg noodles, bechamel mixed with shredded wht. cheddar cheese, roasted jalapeno, finely minced, sauteed diced onion & minced garlic, a bunch of black pepper, & salt, place in casserole, & bake at 350 till warmed through. sprinkle with buttered crumbs & grated yellow cheddar, return to oven; when bubbly, sprinkle with parsley.
it sounds yummy!!

Make stuffed green or colored peppers. Cook up your hamburger with some onion and garlic. Chop the tops of the peppers and add it to the mix, along with a can of tomatoes (fire roasted are my favorites). Cook some rice (I prefer long grained) and mix it all together. Stuff each pepper with the mixture, and top with either bread crumbs or cheese and bake at 350 to 400 unitl peppers cook through. If you want to speed up the process, microwave the peppers briefly to get them soft before stuffing them.

Mmmm, one of my favorites, stuffed peppers. Our variation is splitting the peppers from top to bottom giving you two halves instead of one whole and stuffing them, we use uncooked rice and no bread crumbs or cheese, and on top at a large Tomato Sauce, a small can or jar of sauerkraut (you can rinse this if too strong), then salt and pepper. Add a little water to the mix (just enough to cover the bottom) and put in at 350 for about 45-60 minutes.

I've never seen them split in half, but it certainly sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try it the next time I make peppers. I'm not so sure I'd like sauerkraut with them, though.

Mmmm, those do look good.
here are mine from tonights dinner

img_837978_0_027cf519d5c6a06f951074a01eb77925.jpg

And you didn't invite me????
for the first time in a very long while i DO have left overs!! i made 12 halves for 4 people and we have 6 halves left over hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
............ ermmmmmm correction 5 halves left dd just had another!! LOL if you can hop a plane you may get here before they are all gone!! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom