Herb Dressing over Tomatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My tomatoes are coming now and we look for ways to enjoy them here is one of our favorites..I make a dressing of about 10-12 finely sliced fresh basil leaves,1/4c. each of snipped chives,and coarsely chopped fresh parsley, add 2-3 cloves crushed or grated garlic, salt pepper, 1/2 c.evoo,1/4c. tarragon vinegar, Thickley slice your tomatoes and then marinate the slices in your dressing several hours. When ready to serve I put a light bed of frisee on a platter and placed the tomatoes on it, I sliced a red onion into rings and used about a 1/4 of them put on the tomatoes, then sprinkle with toasted pine nuts I used a 1/2 cup, and over that I crumbled fome feta cheese Now I spooned the marinade making sure to get the basil.parsley and chives from it to go over the salad..Warm French or Italian bread a glass of cold white wine or mint tea yummy, cool and tasty..Enjoy
kadesma

That sounds like a nice light and refreshing meal kadesma.
Now let me ruin it and put a slice of those marinated tomatoes on a big ole honkin greasy juice runnin down your chin cheeseburger!:LOL:
I just can't wait till my maters start to ripen. I'll save this one, thanks!!

That sounds like a nice light and refreshing meal kadesma.
Now let me ruin it and put a slice of those marinated tomatoes on a big ole honkin greasy juice runnin down your chin cheeseburger!:LOL:
I just can't wait till my maters start to ripen. I'll save this one, thanks!!
You're welcome and you didn't ruin it..We will be using some for burgers on the 4th..:LOL: It makes them perfect.
Happy 4th to you
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom