What's for Dinner Thursday July 2nd??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
Tennessee Whiskey....George Dickel 12
Chicken Thigh Stew......
Fried Green Tomatoes......
Yellow Squash & Vidalia Onions....
Cayenne Peppers...

What are you having for supper????

I made some oklahoma caviar and will have taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and shredded cheese plus flour tortillas and people can fix their own.

I was thinking grilled chicken thighs, but after reading kadesma's post on marinated tomatoes, I'm going to grill a nice thick burger and top it with some smoked provalone, vidlia onion, lettuce and a slice of tomato seasoned with dried herbs:neutral: (her marinade sounds better).....

I have steak thawing for dh to cook on the grill and I will make parsley buttered potatoes and roasted asparagus - strawberries and cookies for dessert.

I'm making my way through the new Weight Watcher's cookbook. So far, so good. Tonight we're having marinated steak and pepper wraps. The marinade is Asian flavored and the wraps are non-fat flour tortillas. I made a coleslaw with rice vinegar, mirin, and a little toasted sesame oil with cilantro and chopped dry roasted peanuts on top.

We've got a house full of teenagers, with uncertain appetites - they may come home full of milkshakes and fries and not want any dinner - OR - they may come home and devour what ever I serve so fast their taste buds won't have a chance to register the flavor.

So I'm not going to slave over this dinner only to have them hurt my feelings (I feel like a such a bad mother after writing this) - we're having rotini with meat sauce bread and salad.

I had a very small bit of chicken salad (had a big lunch). I'm making Mark a layered meatball-noodle bake sort of thing with peas, corn and alittle cheese thrown in.

So hot here I didn't feel like cooking so I heated some sausage rolls and served with salad. Dad and I will have some form of ice cream in a little while.

I had a very small bit of chicken salad (had a big lunch). I'm making Mark a layered meatball-noodle bake sort of thing with peas, corn and alittle cheese thrown in.

Here was Mark's dinner.
img_833230_0_253ba5696ec0999115b86c798f5f1832.jpg

I had Mushroom Swiss Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Salad. French Vanilla Ice cream for dessert.

I made pan seared scallops in a wine sauce last night. I served it with orzo and spinach pilaf and roasted portabello and asparagus. Everything came out well, but I was disappointed. I had a new recipe for the wine sauce, and I hated it. The recipe called for 2-3 T of fresh lemon juice. I put it about 2 teaspoons instead. It was way too lemony for me. I think I should just accept the fact that I hate lemon flavor in savory dishes, and just deal with it, lol.
Chrissy

Back
Top Bottom