What's for dinner Monday, July 6, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well, it is cooler today, may even rain. In a way that is a good thing as long as it doesn't last too long.

So, I am going to take a break from cold plates and grilled sandwiches and do pork chops tonight with onion gravy, smashed new potatoes (with chicken stock and the skins on), carrots and green salad.

What are you having?

Having a going away party at our house tonight for a good friend who is moving to Mexico City. There'll be 22 guests, more or less. I'm making albondigas (meatballs) and pork tenderloin, and everyone else is bringing sides....hoping it doesn't rain!

i just got back from the "road trip" so i am wanting home cooking!! lunch or dinner i haven't decided which will be which for today.

meal one: muenster cheese stuffed hamburger with american cheese, pickle chips and Tabasco brand spicy ketchup on top served on a poppy seed kaiser roll.

meal two: homemade garlic bread (using french bread loaf spread with garlic butter and placed under broiler till browned) as a base for french bread pizza.

i will hopefully take some pics and post lunch and dinner later.

(btw 24 days not smoking)

Having a going away party at our house tonight for a good friend who is moving to Mexico City. There'll be 22 guests, more or less. I'm making albondigas (meatballs) and pork tenderloin, and everyone else is bringing sides....hoping it doesn't rain!

Karen, I just found a recipe for albondigas and haven't tried them but want to soon! sounds like a great party! We are wanting the rain so hopefully it will skip you and head straight north!

I am really in the mood for some chicken parmesan, I have been craving it for days, so I think today I am finally going to make it, probably serve it over some gnocchi with a tomato basil sauce

I'm making chicken ala king over fresh chopped steamed broccoli

and I am sitting here swabbing out the cuisinart bowl from making a tasty cheese spread: used a freshly made ricotta and added fresh garlic, some Penzeys minced toasted onion, chili powder, kosher salt, tomato paste and hot pepper seeds from last years crop...its called taco cheese....

Have Cade and Carson,
Cade has requested his fav, chicken milanese, garlic mashed or baked potato, peas and mushrooms, sliced tomatoes with mozz,balsamic,and evoo and a little basil chiffonade, with warm French or Italian bread Homemade chocolate ice cream for dessert.
kadesma:ohmy:

Yesterday we got home too late, were too tired and not very hungry so I didn't make the chicken parm.

It's what's for dinner.

this was going to be my one and only meal today

img_834095_0_5df646ecae3e9075d311e97f1c93a74e.jpg

until i got the abuse from my family. but now my stomach is on fire!! i can't eat.

awww, msm, it's okay! eat, hon! it's easy to lose an appetite, huh? i'm not hungry, either, you know why, though. :) plain 'ol STRESS!

awww, msm, it's okay! eat, hon! it's easy to lose an appetite, huh? i'm not hungry, either, you know why, though. :) plain 'ol STRESS!
thank you
i'll try but i think i'd rather have a ginger and a pickle!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom