3 Day Dill Pickles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
1/4 cup pickling salt
4 cups distilled water
4 lbs small cucumbers
4-8 cloves of garlic
two big bunches of fresh dill (um...2 cups ish?)

In small stoneware crock place 1/2 your fresh dill and 1/2 the peeled garlic cloves. Fill with cucumbers either whole or halved lengthwise. Try to pack them vertically. Then top with dill and garlic and pack it a bit.

Boil the water and salt. Pour over the cucumbers while still boiling. Let sit in the fridge for about 3 days. Mmmmmm.

1/4 cup pickling salt
4 cups distilled water
4 lbs small cucumbers
4-8 cloves of garlic
two big bunches of fresh dill (um...2 cups ish?)

In small stoneware crock place 1/2 your fresh dill and 1/2 the peeled garlic cloves. Fill with cucumbers either whole or halved lengthwise. Try to pack them vertically. Then top with dill and garlic and pack it a bit.

Boil the water and salt. Pour over the cucumbers while still boiling. Let sit in the fridge for about 3 days. Mmmmmm.

Sounds like these need to be kept refrigerated, sort of like Clausen pickles...right? It sounds fabulous. I might have to head across town to get the pickles.

You can process these and store them on the shelf. I've done them for years. Popped the seals on all the jars I just did though. What a waste!

Um...I can't give you a definitive answer on that Dave. Pickles go FAST in our house, especially fresh ones. I've not had a crock last more than 3 weeks ever. Likely they'd last for a few months.

Thank Alix. I love homemade dills but just don't have the time to can any this year.

Back
Top Bottom