ISO: Which herb goes well with

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Along with basil, you might like the flavor of fresh thyme.
kadesma

Unless you want a Tex-Mex flavor, then go with cayenne, chili powder, and cumin.

I'm with kitchenelf - I would use cilantro, lime and cumin. I make a side dish that includes corn, zucchini, poblano chiles, nopal and chayote that includes all of the above, plus a little cream just before serving. Yum.

I like a blend of thyme and marjoram. No basil.
I do to..I love to make an envelope of heavy foil, add my corn on the cob then add butter and the herbs..The grilled corn is delicious.
kades

Just give me a salt shaker and a stick of butter to roll my cob in, and I'm happy. There are a few things given to us that need no improvement, and IMHO, fresh sweet corn is one of them.

Think of it this way...what are you trying to do? Corn can go many ways. Cayenne is a pepper and can stand to the side of whatever herb you introduce.

Corn. Mexican? Add fresh cilantro and lime. French? Add thyme/rosemary and a twist of lemon. Indian? Add some curry powder and corriander. German? Add dill weed and ditch the cayenne. Cajun? Add just about every herb you can find and some extra cayenne.

Think about flavor combinations by ethnicity and you will be fine.

Think of it this way...what are you trying to do? Corn can go many ways. Cayenne is a pepper and can stand to the side of whatever herb you introduce.

Corn. Mexican? Add fresh cilantro and lime. French? Add thyme/rosemary and a twist of lemon. Indian? Add some curry powder and corriander. German? Add dill weed and ditch the cayenne. Cajun? Add just about every herb you can find and some extra cayenne.

Think about flavor combinations by ethnicity and you will be fine.

When you put it that way...thanks! :D

And if I could just pile on a little more: I like coriander on my corn, along with salt and pepper. But I like all the other suggestions that have been made already as well...including the one that said corn needs nothing else! Corn is very versatile, and yummy!

Back
Top Bottom