Roasted Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
Your house will smell so good while this is baking. My son cant get enough of this gravy, he loves the gravy served over the pork. I have made this in my Dutch oven many times.
Enjoy! Debbie

ROASTED PORK LOIN

img_835616_0_3d47b6b9f2e54eca0b427961299505cf.jpg

3 pound(s) PORK LOIN ROAST
1/4 teaspoon(s) THYME; Dried.
1/2 teaspoon(s) MARJORAM; Dried.
1/2 teaspoon(s) GARLIC POWDER
1/2 teaspoon(s) SAGE; Leaves, Dried.
1/4 teaspoon(s) SALT
1/8 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
2/3 cup(s) BREAD CRUMBS; Dry.
1 small ONION; Cut Into Slices.
_____

In a bowl mix together all the spices and the bread crumbs.
Place pork on a sheet of wax paper and coat pork well with the seasoned crumbs.
Place sliced onions in center of roasting pan and place pork on top of onions.
Roast uncovered at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until pork is done.
Make gravy by adding some water to pan and scraping up onions from bottom of pan.
Thicken with flour or cornstarch and season to taste.
_____

There is a pork loin in my future as I have a whole one frozen.....I'm thinking Campfire...or maybe your idea....Thanks for posting.....Yum!

I love pork loins. I usually by the whole loins when they go on sale. Make a few roasts and cut up some boneless chops for under 2 dollars a pound. Can't beat it.

There is a pork loin in my future as I have a whole one frozen.....I'm thinking Campfire...or maybe your idea....Thanks for posting.....Yum!
I do a serious pork loin on coals when I camp. The group I camp with make me cook it every time.

Take a pork loin, season with your favorite seasonings and lay in a large roasting pan fat side down!(I use 2 disposable pans nested for strength). Place halved potatoes, baby carrots and quartered onion around the roast. Pour a can of diced tomatoes over the vegetables. On the roast pour a jar of raspberry/jalapeno jam or preserves. If you can't find that get a jar of hot pepper jelly and mix with raspberry preserves. TIGHTLY cover the pan, if disposable seal over with heavy aluminum foil.
Place this directly on the coals(I use charcoal for cooking).
After 1 hour, open and check how done the meat is. It won't be done, but you can probe the meat without putting a hole in the aluminum foil. Close back up and cook to the meat hits about 140F.

Remove the meat and cover, let stand to finish cooking.
Check the veggies. If they are done, just let the pan set for a while near the heat. If they are not done, simply let them cook a bit more. The meat needs to set for at least 15 to 20 minutes.

Remove the veggies from the broth. Using milk and corn starch make gravy from the drippings in the pan. Slice the meat and serve.. fantastic roast pork loin with vegetables and gravy. When you are done.. simply toss the disposable roaster in the trash(or recycle if available).

Back
Top Bottom