Looking for TNT Frozen Meals Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbie24

Senior Cook
I'm expecting my 4th child and cooking everyday is becoming a huge chore for me.

I'm looking for some good recipes where I can cook a few things one day and freeze for the days I dont feel up to cooking and also at the end of my pregnancy I want to make some meals ahead for once the baby arrives since we dont have friends or family where we live to help out.

I dont want recipes that are too complicated or require tons of ingredients.

I'm thinking of def making an extra lasagna when I make my regular one and maybe even stuffed shells at the same time for another meal.

I'm also looking for different marinades so I can just buy a bunch of chicken tenders or breasts or streak and marinade it so all i have to do is pull it out the fridge and have hubby put it on the grill or in the oven.

I havent been on here in a while but I think I remember a seasoning/rub section so i'll go look for that also.

Thank you, appreciate the help.

Yep, lasagna was at the top of my list!
You could also do a variety of casseroles, and soups. I've made frozen dinners from turkey dinner leftovers, sliced turkey, dressing, potatoes, gravy over the top. Put it in disposable foil pans, either family size or individual servings. Cover/wrap with foil.
Individual pot pies, variety of fillings from savory to sweet.
If you line a pan with heavy duty foil, put your food in, freeze, then lift out the foil, you can freeze casseroles that fit your baking dishes without tying up the dishes in the freezer. Just pop it back in the same pan when you are ready to cook it.

Debie,
here is a marinades we use when we grill or broil.For chicken, steaks,chops, we let marinate at least 1 hour.
Citrus
1/2 c. olive oil,1/4c. lemon juice,1 clove crushed garlic,2 tab. finely chopped shallots or green onions some of both green and white if used,2 tea. of either,tarragon,dill,sage ,dried can be used salt and fresh ground black pepper This should make about a cup and you can keep it in the frefrigerator at least a week if you don't use it the day you make it,
Another thought is to have your DH grill your meat then serve with a pat of compound butter,herb butter,lemon butter,mustard butter,roquefort or provencal olive ..
If any of these interest you. let me know.
Hope this helps a little
kadesma

my Dad cooks roasts, then freezes leftovers for soups & beef & gravy, stuff like that. you could make one-pot meals (chix stew, beef stew, chili, chowders) & freeze flat in ziptops.

I brown 1 lb. of italian sausage, mix with a jar of spaghetti sauce, cooked penne pasta and mozarella cheese, top with more cheese and bake for about 45 minutes until ooey gooey ... It also freezes really, really well. You can double, triple, quadruple, etc the quantities and freeze in baking dishes (I dish per original set of quantities).

I also mass produce chicken pot pie filling and freeze in baggies. That way I can thaw and top with either pie crust or stuffing and bake.

Thank you all for the suggestios, i hope they keep coming!

Kadesma since the marinade has lemon juice I wouldnt be able to long term marinate meat with it right? Is this only recommended for 1hr.

Also the herb butter sounds like a great idea but right now in my pregnancy state it sounds terrible! I'm def going to keep that in mind for when it sounds good again.

Thank you all for the suggestios, i hope they keep coming!

Kadesma since the marinade has lemon juice I wouldnt be able to long term marinate meat with it right? Is this only recommended for 1hr.

Also the herb butter sounds like a great idea but right now in my pregnancy state it sounds terrible! I'm def going to keep that in mind for when it sounds good again.
Debbie,
small cuts of meat and chopd and handle being in the marinade all day, larger pieces of meat 1-2 days.As for the butter it was just an idea for you so sorry it bothers you. Tummys tend to get squimish at times.
kadesma

Kadesma thank you for the marinade info.

The butter would normally sound very good and i know its just due to pregnancy that it doesnt so no worries, thank you for the suggestion.

Debbie - Have you considered a good chicken soup?

I buy frozen skinless/boneless chicken thighs for this use, and always have frozen mixed veggies in the freezer. takes me about an hour to create a decent soup, and I can then refreeze in one QT bags for when I need them available. I also have boxed broth in the cupboard, and soup base in the spice rack.

Bob

I prefer to do a lot of my cooking in advance, that is pretty much all I do on Sunday afternoons. You can check out some of my recipes for the site I write for. (There are too many to post here.) All of the casseroles you can freeze in advance. I also make my pasta ahead of time and refrigerate it. Huge time saver.

Back
Top Bottom