What are you having for Dinner, Tuesday, July 14th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Corn. Chocolate Chip Cookies.

jake's leaving work early to cook meatballs. he's not very into pasta so it'll probably be on a cellone's roll for him & mine just with sauce. that was what i was starving for last nite, & he needed to help his buddy paint. i was ticked!

Brother-in-law and his wife will be in town tonight, so, we are grilling porkchops (marinating in a simple Kroger "steak sauce" marinade), pesto pasta (pasta, diced onion, red pepper, zuchinni, It. blend shredded cheese, dressing is Miracle Whip and pesto from a jar), carrots with marjoram, bread.

In honor of "Bastille Day" - lol - I'll be making Julia Child's recipe (which I've adapted a little) for Coquilles St. Jacques. Baked in huge natural scallop shells & all! Since this is very rich, the only accompaniment will be a big mixed green salad.

Left over crab cake, yellow squash and tomatoes.

2jg9deq.jpg

we had potatoes! lol

got in late from getting in more hay....cubed, microwaved, buttered, garlicked, s&peppered red and yukon gold potatoes..

Okay, so I have a respite from cakes (albeit a short one) and have my passion for cooking back.

Today I did steak kabobs in my own marinade of balsamic, olive oil, garlic and fresh herbs. I threaded them with mushrooms and red onions. Sides were salad and baked potatoes.

It isn't quite grilling weather and DH is down with a cold so I tried them on the Griddler and they were fantastic (if I do say so myself!). Clean-up was a breeze too.

Dessert is a batch of Katie's dutch chocolate ice cream for me (I am hopelessly addicted to it), soy ice "cream" for DH and no sugar added vanilla ice cream for Dad, and fresh strawberries all round.

Left over crab cake, yellow squash and tomatoes.

2jg9deq.jpg
Wow, your crab cakes look huge, even though it might just be the picture! That looks delicious! I love yellow squash (depending on the variety) and tomatoes! I would have enjoyed your dinner very much
yum.gif
, but a little cup of tartar sauce would have been requested. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom