Nasty chicken taste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Whenever i make fried chicken or stir fried chicken there's aways one piece of chicken that end up with a nasty taste. It is almost like some type of cleaning liquid is nasty. The chicken gets cooked through.

I use peanut oil for deep frying ( cast iron ) and olive oil when doing stir fried chicken ( skillet C A S ).

Whenever i make fried chicken or stir fried chicken there's aways one piece of chicken that end up with a nasty taste. It is almost like some type of cleaning liquid is nasty. The chicken gets cooked through.

I use peanut oil for deep frying ( cast iron ) and olive oil when doing stir fried chicken ( skillet C A S ).
cast iron does transfer iron and it's taste into whats cooked in it. that small amount of iron can taste strange BUT that is a good way to get your requireddietary iron naturally. your body benifits from it. maybe its the first or last piece of chicken that gets that flavor. next time try to do a taste test. i believe it is the first piece or last piece because pan may be to hot when first brought up to heat or at the end when pan is retaining all the cooking heat from however long it has been cooking.

btw i to sometimes taste that off flavor and its usually when i have allowed the pan to get to hot. JMO

Now that i remember it was the first piece of chicken that i put in the cast iron that tasted weird. That was my piece too since i picked up the pack in the supermarket i was like "That piece is mine" :(

Thank YOU!

Now that i remember it was the first piece of chicken that i put in the cast iron that tasted weird. That was my piece too since i picked up the pack in the supermarket i was like "That piece is mine" :(

Thank YOU!
you're welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom