Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Chicken Elegante (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/chicken-elegante-5912.html)

SierraCook 09-25-2004 12:45 PM

Chicken Elegante

Chicken Elegante

2 cups Stove Top flexible serving stuffing mix
1 cup boiling water
cup butter, divided
1 jar 12 oz. Heinz Homestyle chicken gravy
1 jar (2.5 oz.) mushrooms, drained
2 tablespoons white wine
4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
1 1/3 cup chopped frozen broccoli, thawed

Combine the stuffing mix, water, and 2 tablespoons of butter. Let stand for 5 minutes. Mix gravy mushrooms, and wine; set aside.

Lightly brown chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet. Place chicken in 13x 9 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Top each breast with stuffing, broccoli, and gravy mixture in that order. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F. for at least 45 minutes. Serves: 4

SierraCook 03-08-2005 09:15 PM

Bump. This is the recipe that GB made for dinner last night. I am bumping it up, just in case anyone was interested in the recipe.

Alix 03-08-2005 09:23 PM

It looks yummy. I may try this one soon. I got rid of those weird extra squiggles in there. Not sure where they come from, but they are gone now.

SierraCook 03-08-2005 09:27 PM

Alix,

Thanks. I have noticed them, too. I have tried to edit them out of things that I have posted.

SC

GB 03-08-2005 09:30 PM

SC this is close to the one I made, but it is not exactly the same. The recipe I had did not have the gravy, mushrooms, or broccoli. I will have to try this version next time as the one I made was seriously lacking the veggies.

Barbara L 03-08-2005 09:33 PM

This sounds good. Have you tried it in a crockpot?

:) Barbara

SierraCook 03-08-2005 09:37 PM

I have not tried it in a crockpot. That could be interesting. I wonder if it would get too dry?

[BMF] Chris 03-08-2005 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraCook
2 cups Stove Top flexible serving stuffing mix

:oops: ewwwwww

nicole 03-08-2005 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [BMF] Chris
:oops: ewwwwww

Im sorry, but, that was rude.

[BMF] Chris 03-08-2005 11:13 PM

if this explains anything-

stove top n'est pas elegante, since were using french

webster defines elegant as "2 : of a high grade or quality : SPLENDID <elegant gems priced at hundreds of thousands of dollars>"

i mean, im not trying to be rude, but dont give your food a name it doesnt deserve, i mean, i guess i could post beefaroni elegante, i just hate it when people use the word like bistro to make a place sound good, they dont even know what a bistro is, americans love to take nice words and mess them up, by no means am i attacking the poster saying they came up with the name of the dish, but hopefully you see my point, im sorry.........