What's cooking Tuesday July 28, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i just made another batch of spinach pies. i have no clue whats for dinner.
what are you cooking today?

I'm 56 years old, I live alone, but I'm NOT going to turn down my mother's offer to take two helpings of her chicken, shrimp and sausage gumbo!!! I'll make some rice, sprinkle on some gumbo file (pronounced fee-lay) and settle in for some warm comfort food!

Dinner tonight..
Grilled BIG burgers (Just some really nice ground black angus). Lightly season and pop on the grill. I will also be grilling some fresh corn on the cob and may pop a yam in the microwave.

No time to cook today so just made a ham salad ciabatta sandwich with viniagrette dressing. Simple but still very tasty :) Can't wait for the weekend so I can cook cook cook again :chef:

I just picked up some very pretty country style ribs so I think we will have that and probably either squash and onions or a squash casserole and some fresh green beans. We may have a small salad too. Probably canteloupe for dessert.

UB, what is po boy bread?

i think "po boy" bread is a long roll used for sammies which are called in different regions subs, heros, grinders, po boys etc.

i think i will quick grill on stove top CI grill pan thin steaks and serve on baguette toasted on grill pan with cheese and onions.

Spaghetti and meat balls, green salad, home made French bread, side of garlic,parsley artichokes, and homemade strawberry ice cream.
kadesma:)

got some leftover onions and spud salad from last night, serve them with burgers tomatoes and corn.

Dinner is served

steak sammie and spinach pies made with biscuits

img_839986_0_9fb3659a56981fc663ffb1f07a28e5f5.jpg

img_839986_1_0bf094f1f090d1545d9cdd2dab69af48.jpg

charcuterie at school: seafood sausage, buffalo sausage with bleu cheese, salmo n mousse, gravlox canapes (with cream cheese, bread rounds, capers & chives), napa cabbage/onions, nantua sauce..... i stuck with the cabbage. wasn't hungry for that stuff at 8:30.

A lady friend is treating me out this evening to DeVitos - a restaurant well know for their salmon and trout dishes (yummm!) - Good company, good food, pleasant weather, a lovely sunset, what a wonderful life!!!

a Costco rotisserie chicken, new potato salad (boiled the potatoes early this am and the eggs were already done), and garden salad.

Probably a selection of ice creams and fruit for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom