Your first music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
OK, I think it was Beth who got me to wondering. This really doesn't even apply to the younger generation, who can down-load at will and whim. For us oldies (I'm 54), what was the first album you bought, and what kind of investment did it mean? I think for me it was Don McLean's American Pie sometime around 1971 give or take. I think it cost $3.50 or so at the BX, and at the time I made 50 cents/hour babysitting AND had a savings account.

Amazingly enough, the first album I bought was.... the soundtrack to Funny Lady, starring Barbara Streisand.

On 8 Track.

Which is why I now wait for technological format battles to end before I buy!

The first album I bought was Quiet Riot - Come On Feel The Noise. It is interesting because that is not the type of music I have ever liked. I did like the title song off it for about a week during which time I bought it, but I hated that album and that type of music.

Ray Charles..Modern Sounds (I think) ... Less than $5

Still enjoy his music! --- "I can't Stop Loving You"..."Georgia On My Mind"..."I Love You So Much It Hurts"....to name a few.

The first album I bought was the collection of Bengali songs of Kishore Kumar and that was audio cassette .

The songs of Kishore Kumar are my all time favorites and now I have audio CD.

OK, I think it was Beth who got me to wondering. This really doesn't even apply to the younger generation, who can down-load at will and whim. For us oldies (I'm 54), what was the first album you bought, and what kind of investment did it mean? I think for me it was Don McLean's American Pie sometime around 1971 give or take. I think it cost $3.50 or so at the BX, and at the time I made 50 cents/hour babysitting AND had a savings account.

I remember the cover so well. My brother had the 8 track. Don McClean's thumb painted red, white & blue. Loved American Pie and Vincent.

Haha! When I starting moving on to CDs, you could buy oldie albums on CD for next to nothing at the hardware store! It was funny because the first thing my best friend from high school did was send me "American Pie" on CD format. I think her first might have been the movie soundtrack for "Jesus Christ, Superstar". I looked for it at the time, but haven't recently. When my husband and I went on the road we eithr gave away or sold all our old vinyl and the record player. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, I had an album I bought in Germany when I was something like 11 and the Beatles played backup for a singer (I want to say his name was something like Tony Sheraton). We got a few bucks more for that than the rest of the collection. I've been buying CDs of those records ever since. CDs are so much easier to deal with.

My first album was Bobby Sherman! He was such a hunk! The Monkees first album was right in there too. They got a lot of play time in my room on my little portable record player.

The first 8-track I've listen to before they went by-by was Bruce spring steen, The first first Music CD was AC/DC Heat Seaker.

Christmas, 1969. I was 10.

My parents bought a record player with flip-down turntable and detachable side speakers. As I recall it was orange in color and the speaker boxes had lights over the top half of them that pulsed and changed with the sound. Too groovy.

Anywayz, they also bought 2 albums for us children to play. One was Jingle Jangle by The Archies. Cool. Fun. Danceable. The other was a Cheech & Chong comedy record. They had clearly not listened to Cheech & Chong before. LOL. The look on their faces when we played it was priceless. :LOL:

The first 8-Track tapes that I remember purchasing with my own money to play in my own car were: "Endless Summer"-Beach Boys, "Paranoid"-Black Sabbath, "Story"-Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons.

If it's a first song, I remember my first song was AC/DC'S Black & back and I've heard it on a radio in a pop up camper for the first time. I think was about 8-10 when I heard it.

the whole family was in 4h showing and selling chickens back then, Also this is the time when Mario brothers came out on the nes, Yes that was a long time ago but it's one of those memories that stuck in my head as a favorite memory of all time.

Loved all of Elvis songs and still do. Played his records on the Juke Box in the drug store where we had an old fashioned soda fountian. Shows my age, I was a teenager then in the wonderful 50's

my first album is the debut album of the stylistics. i listen to "you are everything" all day

Back
Top Bottom