Bourbon Marinade - Pork or Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
I made this marinade and used it on chicken the day before. Not bad on both. See my notes below, could use more bourbon.

PL_Bourbon_Marinade_A.jpg

PL_Bourbon_Marinade_B.jpg

Served with Spicy Fruit Slaw, Boiled Peanut Slaw and Bourbon Sweet Potatoes.
PL_Bourbon_Marinade_C.jpg

Recipe and notes for Bourbon Marinade;

1/2 Cup Bourbon
1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Honey - Sorghum would have worked well
2 Tablespoons Mustard
1/2 Tablespoon Salt
1 teaspoon Onion powder
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper

Notes: Could have used 1 cup of bourbon and a touch more maple syrup. I took left over marinade and added 3 tablespoons of water and a teaspoon of arrow root to make a glaze. Glazed last 15 minutes of cook twice.

Sounds and looks amazing bknox - thanks for sharing:)

Could you share your recipe for the potaotes because they sound and look nice also?

Thanks

John

John, I just noticed you are writing from Russia. Not sure is bourbon is readily available but you may be able to substitute brandy and maybe add a touch of maple syrup or molasses.

Bourbon Sweet Potatoes

3 or 4 large sweet potatoes
1 stick of butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup bourbon

Gently boil sweet potatoes with the skin on them for about 20 minutes or until they are beginning to get soft. Remove from water and pull off skin. Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise.

In a sauce pan melt the butter, add the brown sugar and bourbon and simmer and stir until brown sugar has melted.

Layer sweet potatoes in casserole pan and pour butter mixture over it. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 or 20 minutes until potatoes are soft and the sauce is bubbly.

Enjoy,
Bryan

John, I just noticed you are writing from Russia. Not sure is bourbon is readily available but you may be able to substitute brandy and maybe add a touch of maple syrup or molasses.

Bourbon Sweet Potatoes

3 or 4 large sweet potatoes
1 stick of butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup bourbon

Gently boil sweet potatoes with the skin on them for about 20 minutes or until they are beginning to get soft. Remove from water and pull off skin. Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise.

In a sauce pan melt the butter, add the brown sugar and bourbon and simmer and stir until brown sugar has melted.

Layer sweet potatoes in casserole pan and pour butter mixture over it. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 or 20 minutes until potatoes are soft and the sauce is bubbly.

Enjoy,
Bryan

Hi Bryan,

You can get bourbon here but it's pretty pricey as it's imported but I'm partial to a drop so it'll be worth it :)

I'll let you know how it goes once I've cooked it.

Thanks, John.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom