To make a softdrink glaze?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That will only work with full sugar soft drinks. Diet sodas won't thicken the same.
Thank you Andy, I was thinking about getting full bodied stuff before I make the glaze for the fish.

Now will this work to add some savory flavors?

1 garlic clove minced w/ salt
2. a half teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce?
3. a half teaspoon lemon juice?

Thank you Andy, I was thinking about getting full bodied stuff before I make the glaze for the fish.

Now will this work to add some savory flavors?

1 garlic clove minced w/ salt
2. a half teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce?
3. a half teaspoon lemon juice?
CC were you looking for a special type of sauce? I know you want savory, but how about adding a little bit of brown sugar or a little evoo to the above ingredients? Then when cooked a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley.
What will you be having with the fish? Potato,rice,pasta?
kadesma

CC were you looking for a special type of sauce? I know you want savory, but how about adding a little bit of brown sugar or a little evoo to the above ingredients? Then when cooked a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley.
What will you be having with the fish? Potato,rice,pasta?
kadesma
Thank you Kad, I will be having my fish with rice, I'm going to do my fish in an egg wash and panko bread crumbs!

Worcestershire = bad for fish. The anchovy in the sauce kills the fresh flavor of the fish you put it on.

I suggest substituting balsamic vinegar.

Are you frying or baking the fish with a bread crumb (panko) coating? The glaze would then be served on the side, right?

Thank you Kad, I will be having my fish with rice, I'm going to do my fish in an egg wash and panko bread crumbs!
Egg and panko should give you a lovely crust..If I were having this I fry it nice and crisp then put a little melted butter with crushed garlic on top just as I get ready to serve. I hope it turns out just as you want. Happy eating
kades

I might venture a light gremolata would make an outstanding topping for a fried fish.

Back
Top Bottom