Whats cooking Sunday August 2, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i think french toast and my fresh ground bean blend coffee for breakfast.
the chicken i didn't make yesterday for dinner.

Tri-Tip,is marinating in Italian style marinade, will have tomato,onion pesto salad, angel hair pasta, with garlic,red pepper flakes in evoo and butter top with fresh herbs when done,eggplant sliced and grilled with evoo and garlic, Starter is Haloumi cheese grilled and Italian baguette to dip in it...Boy we are gonna reeeeeek of garlic:LOL: Oh well desserts, frozen chocolate dipped bananas and home made Strawberry ice cream.

Today is "Play Day" - a day of experimentation. Today, I'm practicing making Baguettes. I can get a nice, crunchy crust (spraying with water twice through the baking cycle) but what I want is that mix of both small and large holes in the interior. I just read that takes careful handling between the two rises just before shaping. Anyway, fun is the order of the day.

I'm having an Obama Chili Party. There was an article on MSN.com about Obama's favorite foods and that he likes to cook chili. He gave his family recipe, so I'm trying it out. The only "different" ingredients from mine are turmeric in the spice blend, and red wine vinegar. He also uses fresh tomatoes instead of canned. I'm also making broccoli slaw, cornbread, and strawberries and ice cream dessert. And there will be 12 guests, four of them are children under four.

Just made a pan of sausage/cheese biscuits: refrigerator flaky biscuits, split, layer half in pan (raw), top with cooked sausage patties, top with cheese, place other half of biscuit on top. Pat tops with butter. Bake.
Will do chicken and pasta later.

i want a malted shake!! i have the malted powder, vanilla ice cream, milk, fresh peaches, fresh necterines, bananas and frozen strawberries. oh the possibilities!!

I'm making Mark a big spinach/iceberg lettuce salad with italian dressing.

I'm having homemade cream of mushroom soup... with garlic bread.

ok the banana malted was super goooooooooooooooood!!

I'm making Mark a big spinach/iceberg lettuce salad with italian dressing.

I'm having homemade cream of mushroom soup... with garlic bread.
hello sweetie!! thanks to you i am going to risk being washed away in a flood to get bread to make garlic bread!! have you tried my cream of mushroom soup?

hello sweetie!! thanks to you i am going to risk being washed away in a flood to get bread to make garlic bread!! have you tried my cream of mushroom soup?
No, but it looks good!!!! I only have white mushrooms, and I found a recipe that just uses that variety. I will try to make yours in the future, though! :chef:

Many years ago, I worked at an italian restaurant in my hometown, NY. The chef/owner made the best cream of mushroom soup. I wish I could replicate that. I had it all the time. He also made a great cream of asparagus soup! I'm not even sure if the restaurant is open anymore. The way my Mom talks, I don't think they are. :neutral:.

No, but it looks good!!!! I only have white mushrooms, and I found a recipe that just uses that variety. I will try to make yours in the future, though! :chef:

Many years ago, I worked at an italian restaurant in my hometown, NY. The chef/owner made the best cream of mushroom soup. I wish I could replicate that. I had it all the time. He also made a great cream of asparagus soup! I'm not even sure if the restaurant is open anymore. The way my Mom talks, I don't think they are. :neutral:.
oh ok.
i don't think i can go out for the bread. it is torrential rain, thunderstorm, wind and no kidding everything is flooding!!

dinner will be bread chicken cutlets, white and wild rice or red and yukon gold mashed taters, spinach or peas and pearl onions and lemon chicken gravy.

i think malteds are dessert tonight!! i have fresh peaches, fresh necterines, bananas and frozen strawberries!! i have vanilla and chocolated malted powders, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, coffee syrup. hmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate banana or chocolate strawberry!! or a mocha malted!! strawbery/peach!! oy vie to many choices!! oh the possibilities!!

Don't risk your life for bread! :ermm:

I'm sorry I don't have the ingredients to make your soup.
there will be another time to make the soup. yeah unless it stops i am staying home!! we can do without the bread!!

We had Goodweed's pancakes with nice crisp smoked bacon for lunch and then will have hamburgers for supper. Not sure yet what I'll serve for sides with the burgers yet. We were going to paint the shutters today but a big thunderstorm just rolled through so it's too wet outside to paint.

Breaded chicken breast
(flour with salt and pepper, egg and milk wash, bread crumbs seasoned with Granulated Garlic powder, Onion powder, Adobo seasoning (spice mix not the chilies paste), Salt, Ground black pepper, fresh Oregano, fresh Basil, Parsley, Ground Hot red pepper flakes, grated Romano cheese, Parmesan cheese), wild and white rice, buttered spinach and lemon chicken gravy.

img_841681_0_645e70301491e477ebe36b8567999b6a.jpg

Tomato salad (tomatoes with slivered fresh garlic, fresh chiffonade of basil, olive oil, salt and black pepper) served with 1/2 small seasame seed italian bread.

img_841681_1_69aa2ce908fccebc8a6ae8169cecadf3.jpg

mmmmm....
I decided to go with Tequila Taco Chicken (see thread), I made it up. Just finished frying flour and corn shells. Need to shred some lettuce...

have beef short ribs in the crock pot. if not done (got a late start) at seven. i will just have breakfast for dinner. the danish i just took out of oven will be great as the bread.

Just started a brown rice pilaf to go with the rest of the meal: sauteed mild green chili, garlic. Added rice, cumin seed, paprika. Let is color a bit, then water, simmering now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom