Chip Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
What are the essential ingredients of chip dip and the process for making it?

sour cream is often the basis of it. you can add minced onion, garlic, sliced scallion, or shallots; seasonings, parsley, worcestershire..... bunches of items.

I love the basic French onion dip, sour cream and a packet of Lipton's Onion Soup.

chili dip, serve with corn chips or tortilla chips. one can chili of your choice. i sm pk cream cheese. i melt the cheeses in the chili using my micro. stir well and serve

It's also good with Vcheese (American processed cheese that melts nicely!)

I use a food processor for the whole process....and use a soft goat cheese like cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, can be as simple as buzzing some fresh garlic, s&p..thin with yogurt or buttermilk to consistency desired...but it usually firms up some with refrigeration...can add a multitude of flavorings/herbs/spices

For those of us who sometimes attempt to watch our waistlines (yeah, right!:ROFLMAO:), you can substitute plain yogurt for sour cream and add herbs, a touch of sea salt and an ounce or two of crumbled feta cheese.

The yogurt is especially good if you strain it overnight. I use coffee filters in a strainer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom