Cream of Cucumber Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arky

Senior Cook
Many years ago, when I lived near Los Angeles, there was a restaurant (don't ask me the name) that served cold cream of cucumber soup in a double bowl - the soup bowl within a larger, crushed ice filled bowl. I was so taken by this delicious soup that I nearly pleaded with the chef for the recipe. I have since lost that recipe (somewhere during 3 moves and 2 divorces), but as I recall, it was simple. I know there are lots of cucumber soup recipes on the internet, but was simpler than most of those... I think.

What it did have was:
(3) peeled and deseeded large cucumbers
Vegetable or chicken stock
cream
salt and pepper
sour cream for a dollop/garnish on top

...and that's all I remember about it. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Many years ago, when I lived near Los Angeles, there was a restaurant (don't ask me the name) that served cold cream of cucumber soup in a double bowl - the soup bowl within a larger, crushed ice filled bowl. I was so taken by this delicious soup that I nearly pleaded with the chef for the recipe. I have since lost that recipe (somewhere during 3 moves and 2 divorces), but as I recall, it was simple. I know there are lots of cucumber soup recipes on the internet, but was simpler than most of those... I think.

What it did have was:
(3) peeled and deseeded large cucumbers
Vegetable or chicken stock
cream
salt and pepper
sour cream for a dollop/garnish on top

...and that's all I remember about it. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
I took a peek and found several that sound wonderful here is the one I liked best, another has some potato added.

Cold Cream Of Cucumber Soup Recipe @ CDKitchen.com :: it's what's cooking online!
kadesma

I took a peek and found several that sound wonderful here is the one I liked best, another has some potato added.

Kadesma, you found it! Thank you! Except for the mint leaves (my recipe called for sour cream) everything else was as I now remember, thanks to you... the onion and butter... cooking until tender. It's a wonderful soup and a classy addition to any social gathering.

Kadesma, you found it! Thank you! Except for the mint leaves (my recipe called for sour cream) everything else was as I now remember, thanks to you... the onion and butter... cooking until tender. It's a wonderful soup and a classy addition to any social gathering.
Great, glad I could help..Will be trying it myself.
kadesma:)

Yes, I remember the restaurant and that specific soup. It was wonderful! I also believe you have the list of ingredients correct, but don't forget the dollop of sour cream in the middle.

I've been looking for a set of those bowls for years, but I've never been able to find them.

Hi, Selkie! Good to see you again. I tuned in today to see the last minute of cucumber soup being made by the barefoot contessa. Sounded interesting. How are you!!!?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom