Build for us your ultimate BLT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
HOw do you make your ultimate BLT?

Mine goes something like this:

Three slices of toasted Whole wheat or Twelve Grain bread.
8 slices thick cut smoky bacon
Fresh garden tomato
Iceberg Lettuce
Miracle Whip brand salad dressing

Fry the bacon until it just begins to turn lightly crispy. Remove from the heat, drain, and cut into two halves. Slice four slices of a large, fresh, garden ripened tomato, 1/16th inch thick (approximate). Wash, spin-dry, and separate two inner, crispy leaves of the iceberg lettuce.

Slather the salad dressing onto the inside surface of the top and bottom slices of toasted bread. Lay on 4 halves of bacon on the two slices with the salad dressing, all facing sideways to the bread. Place the tomatoes on top of the bacon to completely cover the bacon. Place one leaf of lettuce on the tomato. Place the remaining bacon on top of the lettuce, perpendicular to the first slices. Spread the salad dressing on one side of the third toasted bread slice and lay the bread, salad dressing side down, on top of the second layer of bacon. Spread salad dressing on the other side of the top piece of bread and place the whole thing on top of the 2nd bacon layer on the other slice of bread to make a tripple decker BLT. If you want, place a thin slice of fresh onion somewhere in the sandwich. Yum!

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

toasted rye bread, Hellmans MAYO, bacon, tomato, field greens.

One slice of toasted honey wheat bread, Hellmann's mayonnaise, a slight sprinkle of kosher salt, 2 lettuce leaves, one slice of ripe beefstake tomato, 2-3 very thin slices of vidalia onion, 3-4 thin slices of crisp cooked smoked bacon, topped with another mayonnaised slice of honey wheat bread.
All washed down with an ice cold glass of sweet tea.

I like a multi grain bread toasted of course. I prefer Mayo thank you, but as a kid I did Miracle whip for awhile. I find it too sweet now. Apple wood smoked thick cut bacon, (4 slices is enough)crisp lettuce so iceberg or romaine, beefsteak or green zebra tomato, sea salt and fresh ground pepper.

The BLT is one of the GREAT SANDWICHES

multi grain bread
helmanns
6 strips apple wood smoked thick cut
butter lettuce left in the freezer for 10 minutes
quite a few very very thinly sliced romas
sea salt and cracked black

I don't know if it will be my ultimate, but this week I'm making a BLT pizza:

Very, very thin crispy crust
Fresh tomato sauce seasoned with a touch of garlic and salt
Creamy mozzarella cheese
Crisp bacon and sliced tomatoes going into the oven
Ribbons of crunchy romaine when it comes out of the oven.

Never made this before...we'll see!

I actually like baby spinach on my BLT. I think it's just because I love me some baby spinach. Don't care about the "cooked is better for you" - I love it. It's the only way I eat salad, and the only green I ever put on sandwiches.

Here's my ultimate BLT

First I would use French Bread cut it the long ways then I would crank the oven to 325 and let it warm up while I would spread truffle butter all over the bread, Then I would put the bread in the oven and toast it until it got golden brown.

Then I would load up the bottom of the bread with mayo then Iceberg lettuce, then smoked slab bacon, then 1 diced habenero de seeded then the best tomatoes you can buy.

Then I would put the top of the bread on and eat it until I got sick to my stomic because I ate too much, LOL!

I just made one this morning for breakfast.
2 slices of lightly toasted white bread, Hellmann's mayo, 4 slices of peppered bacon, (cooked medium) 1 thick slice of tomato from my garden,
a sprinkle of Old Bay seafood seasoning on the tomato, crispy iceburg lettuce.

Back
Top Bottom