ME - Bar Harbor ... Know any lobster pounds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Mr. Wonderful and I are headed to Bar Harbor on Friday for a loooonnnggg weekend! He wants to eat at an authentic lobster pound. I'd like enough money left over for four days of food. Does anyone know of one we could go to? With lobsters selling up here for $6 or less I would hope we can find something good and reasonable. Would appreciate any of your suggestions! Thanks for the help.

I do not have a specific suggestion, but more of a general one. In my experience there is an inverse relationship between how nice looking the shack is and how good the food is. If you find the most run down place with peeling paint and a building that looks like it could collapse at any moment then you are sure to have an amazing memorable authentic lobster meal.

Thanks, GB. We'll look for one days away from the building inspector's "condemned" sign! Seriously, though, I know what you mean. We asked for a restaurant suggestion from a store clerk when we were done shopping. She told us of a place down the road, looked kinda run down, but the food was worth it. We passed the place the first time because we were in the wrong lane to turn (not that it stops some drivers up here :rolleyes:). Placed look like bums wouldn't eat there...but the food was great! If you are ever on U.S. Route 1 in Walpole check out the Red Wing Diner - it's on the west side of the street.

Back
Top Bottom