Peaches and Blueberries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madamejames

Assistant Cook
Just got back from shopping, with 3 pounds of blueberries and a basket of freestone peaches. Yum!:-p I made a sour cream peach and blueberry pie last time and it was great. Does anyone have any really great ideas combining these two fruits? They taste so good together. Just mixing peach slices and berries with a little Cointreau is good too, but I'm looking for something new. Can anyone help?

I've enjoyed this recipe for Blueberry Peach Galette.

For recipes using them separately, I am a huge fan of the Peach Frozen Yogurt recipe in David Lebovitz's book The Perfect Scoop (you may be able to get this from your library if you don't have it) and Cook's Illustrated's Creamy Blueberry Sorbet.

CI's Creamy Blueberry Sorbet
2 ½ cups fresh blueberries, pureed with 1/2 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon vodka, good quality

Combine everything in a bowl and stir on and off for several minutes, allowing the sugar to dissolve. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Churn in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
After churning you can freeze for a few hours to allow it to firm up, but I like the texture best right away.

You can also make a blueberry-maple sauce for pancakes, waffles, or french toast by cooking up some blueberries and maple syrup together, with a pinch of salt, until thick, purple, and syrupy.

Enjoy!

for a healthy option,

combine the fruits with plain yogurt in the blender and blend it good,
you can add some ice cubes, and enjoy this great fruit smoothy!!

or substitute the yogurt with ice cream...and have a great berry and peaches shake

for a healthy option,

combine the fruits with plain yogurt in the blender and blend it good,
you can add some ice cubes, and enjoy this great fruit smoothy!!

or substitute the yogurt with ice cream...and have a great berry and peaches shake

Good idea! To make a smoothie I use 1/2 pom juice and 1/2 water (don't want all the sugar), non-fat vanilla yogurt, and ice...and the fresh fruit, of course.

... To make a smoothie I use 1/2 pom juice and 1/2 water (don't want all the sugar), non-fat vanilla yogurt, and ice...and the fresh fruit, of course.

That's a great idea too! Our farmer's market still carries fresh peaches, and I already drink the Minutemaid Pomegranate/Blueberry juice daily, and have plain or vanilla non-fat yogurt with Wheat Germ for breakfast. This would make a welcomed change.

Thanks everyone. Now I have lots of ideas to try AND I was just reading Jodi Picoult's book
Handle with Care a it has a recipe for Blueberry and Peach Buckle. How's that for fate? I'm off to the kitchen...

For recipes using them separately, I am a huge fan of the Peach Frozen Yogurt recipe in David Lebovitz's book The Perfect Scoop (you may be able to get this from your library if you don't have it) and Cook's Illustrated's Creamy Blueberry Sorbet.

CI's Creamy Blueberry Sorbet
2 ½ cups fresh blueberries, pureed with 1/2 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon vodka, good quality

Combine everything in a bowl and stir on and off for several minutes, allowing the sugar to dissolve. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Churn in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
After churning you can freeze for a few hours to allow it to firm up, but I like the texture best right away.

You can also make a blueberry-maple sauce for pancakes, waffles, or french toast by cooking up some blueberries and maple syrup together, with a pinch of salt, until thick, purple, and syrupy.

Enjoy!

I tried this and omg it was so good :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom