Cupcakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is this recipe good?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Valouth

Assistant Cook
10mtuer.jpg

Ingedients(Muffin)

• 125g softened butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 185g of self-raising flour
  • 80 ml milk
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoon of milk

1. Preheat oven to 180°c. Line the muffin pans (8) with paper cases.
  2. Beat butter, extract, sugar and eggs in a bowl (use an eletric mixer) Then sift in the flour and add the milk.
  3. In a seperate bowl add the 2 tablespoon of milk to the cocoa powder and mix it all. When it's done add it to the previous dough. (don't mix it too much or it wouldn't be a marble)
  4. Drop the dough into the various muffin pans. Bake for about 25 mins.

Ingredients: (ganache)

• 100ml of crème fraîche
  • 200g of dark chocolate chopped into pieces.

1. Bring cream to boil in a sauce pan and remove it from heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth.

that's such mouth-watering cupcakes. I love all the different decorations. Thanks for the recipe.

Cheers,
shalinee

castor sugar is between icing sugar and granulated sugar, if you know what I mean. It is fine but not powdery like icing sugar.

What is caster sugar

"Caster sugar is the name of a very fine sugar in Britain, so named because the grains are small enough to fit though a sugar "caster" or sprinkler. It is sold as "superfine" sugar in the United States." (Definition from Ochef)

Here you have a picture :chef:

2818046328_dc189519c0.jpg

I believe it's what C&H sells in the U.S. as "Baker's Sugar," which I used for a while. It comes in a box that resembles a ½-gallon milk carton. It's a bit more expensive than C&H's regular sugar, and a whole lot more expensive than store brands. It's supposed to dissolve better, but I have never had any problems with regular sugar in any of the baking I do. Also, I've found that once opened it tends to clump much more than regular sugar. I decided it wasn't worth the extra cost and went back to regular.

I believe it's what C&H sells in the U.S. as "Baker's Sugar," which I used for a while. It comes in a box that resembles a ½-gallon milk carton. It's a bit more expensive than C&H's regular sugar, and a whole lot more expensive than store brands. It's supposed to dissolve better, but I have never had any problems with regular sugar in any of the baking I do. Also, I've found that once opened it tends to clump much more than regular sugar. I decided it wasn't worth the extra cost and went back to regular.

It is also possible to use brown sugar or white sugar. My mom uses brown sugar and the result is just the same :chef:

10mtuer.jpg

Ingredients(Muffin)

• 125g softened butter
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 185g of self-raising flour
  • 80 ml milk
  • 2 teaspoon of milk
  2. Beat butter, extract, sugar and eggs in a bowl (use an eletric mixer) Then sift in the flour and add the milk.
  3. In a seperate bowl add the 2 tablespoon of milk to the cocoa powder and mix it all. When it's done add it to the previous dough. (don't mix it too much or it wouldn't be a marble)

• 100ml of crème fraîche
  1. Bring cream to boil in a sauce pan and remove it from heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth.
need the ingredients in ounces or cups, then i could tell what was what.

10mtuer.jpg

Ingedients(Muffin)

• 125g softened butter
  • 150g or 2/3 cups caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 185g or 1 1/4 cups of self-raising flour
  • 80ml or 1/3 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoon of milk

• 100ml or 1/2 cup of crème fraîche

There you go :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom