Everyone should view this and their kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, that pretty much shows it as it could be.

IMHO, all cell phone use while driving should be banned.

OMG! My dumbs_ _t nephew just got a ticket last week for texting while driving. If he had an e-mail account I would send this to him 100+ times.

Yup, that pretty much shows it as it could be.

IMHO, all cell phone use while driving should be banned.

I couldn't agree more. Five years ago my DH had the whole front end of his Ford Windstar sheared off by a girl who ran a red light at 60 MPH. She was laying across the front seat of her pick-up truck trying to reach her cell phone that had fallen on the passenger side floor.
I thank the man upstairs everyday for allowing my DH to walk away from that accident with only a few powder burns from the airbag deploying.

OMG! My dumbs_ _t nephew just got a ticket last week for texting while driving. If he had an e-mail account I would send this to him 100+ times.

I couldn't agree more. Five years ago my DH had the whole front end of his Ford Windstar sheared off by a girl who ran a red light at 60 MPH. She was laying across the front seat of her pick-up truck trying to reach her cell phone that had fallen on the passenger side floor.
I thank the man upstairs everyday for allowing my DH to walk away from that accident with only a few powder burns from the airbag deploying.

Sadly, you cannot legislate against stupidity. If cell phones didn't exist, drivers would be doing other stupid things that make them a danger to themselves and others.

I have seen people eating, drinking, shaving, putting on makeup, brushing teeth, brushing hair, flossing, reading, driving with a dog on their lap and reaching into the back seat to hit their kids. None of which is a good idea.

I have seen people eating, drinking, shaving, putting on makeup, brushing teeth, brushing hair, flossing, reading, driving with a dog on their lap and reaching into the back seat to hit their kids.
the only hard part about that was the dog on my lap. He kept trying to eat my food and he got in the way of me seeing my book. You should have waved when you saw me Andy.

the only hard part about that was the dog on my lap. He kept trying to eat my food and he got in the way of me seeing my book. You should have waved when you saw me Andy.

I did but the dog was licking your face at the time and your eyes were closed.

I had business in Albuquerque two weeks ago this Wednesday. Since I live fairly close to LAX, I always take a cab to and from the airport to save time.

On this occasion the cab was scheduled to pick me up from my home at 11:20 a.m. Tuesday. The cab was late, the driver rude -- he didn't say hello, didn't apologize for being late, and didn't get out to take my bag.

As we're driving on a major surface street, the idiot driver's cell phone rings. It's sitting on the passenger seat next to him, and he reaches over to answer it, even though he has one of those silly bluetooth headsets stuck in his ear.

As he does so, the light at the upcoming intersection turns yellow, but he's distracted trying to answer his cellphone and doesn't see it. It changes to red as we're in the intersection, and bright boy mutters, "Oh, sh*t!"

Nonetheless, he starts jabbering to someone, using his headset. Despite the first incident, he's still totally distracted. The light at the very next street turns red a good 50 to 100 feet before we enter the intersection. Although he's now looking straight ahead as he talks, the driver is TOTALLY oblivious and blows right through it at about 45 MPH. Fortunately, it was obvious he wasn't going to stop and the driver of the first car waiting to enter the intersection saw him and didn't gun it the instant the light changed.

Not a word from this moron except another "Oh sh*t!" as he scans his mirrors for cops.

I was going to call the cab company and complain, but he was one nasty looking dude, and I figured that even if they didn't give him my name, he would probably remember the trip, and his log would show where he picked me up. Not worth the risk, although I later filed an anonymous complain on the cab company's website.

I did stiff the driver on the tip, which garnered a rather dirty look. And I won't be using that cab company ever again.

Back
Top Bottom