Hobart 4.5 quart Kitchen Aid Mixer Recipes Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Now that I have my mixer..........I love it. Can you share your favorite recipes you make using your mixer?
I just used mine on Christmas Eve to mix the ingredients for my pumpkin pie. I went by the recipe on the back of a can of Libby's Pumpkin but added extra nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves till I got the taste I liked. Unfort., I can't list that recipe because I threw out the can.

Thanks
Sizz

For Christmas dessert I made a pumpkin/cheesecake pie, just like you see in Baker's Square, withe the cream cheese filling on the bottom and the pumpkin filling on the top. I used my Kitchen Aid to mix both fillings, separately of course. I did cheat and used a frozen premade pie crust though, because, frankly, trying to make a good pie dough when you can buy one that is perfect is counter-productive.

If you want the recipes for the two fillings, I can post them when I get home.

pst1can..........I'm game for anything that doesn't include liver or anchovies ;)

Caine.....I would love the recipe.

Sizz

SizzlininIN said:
pst1can..........I'm game for anything that doesn't include liver or anchovies ;)

Caine.....I would love the recipe.

Sizz

you got it:

9" deep dish frozen unbaked pie shell (I used the store brand)

8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 egg

Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in the Kitchen-Aid, using the paddle. Add the egg and beat until fluffy. Spread mixture evenly in bottom of pie shell.

1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
8 oz of evaporated milk

Using the Kitchen-Aid with the paddle, combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add the eggs, then add the evaporated milk slowly as you beat the pumpkin mixture until creamy. Pour into pie shell over the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 65 minutes, or until pumpkin filling sets. Allow to cool completely. Serve with fresh whipped cream.

Back
Top Bottom