Ricotta for Sour Cream in Cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IT could work. Process the ricotta to make it smoother. It won't have the same tang as you would get from the sour cream.

thanks u two, no yogurt. but will do what you said andy. i don't get groceries til thurs and want to bake it tomorrow. have frozen berries i want to put on top. thanks again.

babe, does the recipe call for both baking powder and baking soda? If it does, I would add a bit of lemon juice to the ricotta when you buzz it to make it smoother. You may need the acid that would have been in the sour cream, for leavening power with the baking soda.

babe, does the recipe call for both baking powder and baking soda? If it does, I would add a bit of lemon juice to the ricotta when you buzz it to make it smoother. You may need the acid that would have been in the sour cream, for leavening power with the baking soda.

Yes! Exactly.

It won't come out right without adjustment if the sour cream was used for leavening purposes.

cake turned out great, had two pieces for dinner, not dessert, just dinner. the crumb was a bit lighter than others i have made. i greased the bundt pan with Crisco and then sugar instead of flour. formed a light sugar coating. the recipe used a yellow cake mix, oil, eggs, vanilla. 1/2 cup sugar. i used the ricotta but just whisked it smoother and added juice from half of lemon.

not exactly what anyone said, but certainly close enough, so thanks guys .

Back
Top Bottom