Cooking pan or decorative candle pan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokeytoesmomma

Assistant Cook
My husband bought a pan today (for camping). The lady at the store told him it was a wok. I have never seen a cooking pan that looks like this and I personally think that it is a candle pan. My online searches have provided no answers. It has a dark blue/black coating (same finish inside and on the bottom), 11.5" diameter, about 2.5" deep, big loop handle, no markings on the bottom.

img_848421_0_d9c6c273e7b356b0437cd85f8ee726e6.jpg

I don't want to hurt his feeling but I am not cooking in it until I find it is cookware...lol

Thanks in advance for all your help!

It looks more decorative than something designed as a practical cooking vessel. Perhaps, though, it would be a chafing dish? It looks too big (I'm guessing 8-10" or so?) to be candle pan. Perhaps a serving dish of some kind? All guesses, I'm afraid. Maybe some the creative googlers who did so well in the thread where you need to identify the picture can help!

Welcome to DC, BTW!

I have seen camping cookware that looks similar to that. The handle does look a little odd though.

Maybe it's meant to be used over a campfire, so then it would be lower, hence the tall handle.

Good work Wyogal. Looks like you found it. Interesting that it is called a gravy pan, but it is not to be used for cooking.

Maybe at one time it was used for gravy, but it could be just a "country kitch" marketing ploy....

At least one of those links specifically said the pan is not for cooking. I would not risk it myself.

Thank you!

Thank you all for your help!

The information and the quickness of everyone's posts has impressed me.

I am so thankful to all of you.

So..... now I know that if my husband makes me mad, I will make him an omelet in the "pan" (seriously, just kidding). :whistling

Anyways, thank you again and may your toast never burn. :chef:

Sincerely,
Christina

Back
Top Bottom